Forums

Help › Forums

presenting: WGT Hall of Fame......and all notable results & achievements

Sun, Aug 6 2023 11:17 AM (96 replies)
  • GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Wed, Jun 6 2012 3:40 AM

Think it's nice 2 have CR's 4 Best of Hardest and Famous holes 2. Please submit when you know about any 54 or lower score, including the link. Thx

Cheers, GC

• justinee
    260 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 2:43 PM

Hi GC, 

Not sure what your selection process for a spot in the WGT HOF entails, but considering the difficulty of achieving HIO's, maybe you'll consider Sasa820 for her awesome HIO streak. 

6 HIO's since Feb - Is quite Amazing !

Thanks, and awesome job compiling all these stats for the HOF. 

• Megan22
    2,115 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 3:07 PM

Totally agree with Justinee here!  An amazing hole-in-one run by Sasa!

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 7:45 PM

Not to take anything away from Sasa - but I've had 7 since 3/6/12 and I'm guessing that there are people with more than that.  I'm just not sure this deserves a place in the HOF.

• Megan22
    2,115 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 8:57 PM

No worries...you didn't take anything from her.

She's still the bestest!

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2012 6:55 AM

Hi Justinee, Megan22, Spammage, Sasa820 and all other players who are interested,

First of all I wanna say, both remarkable performances by both Sasa820 and Spammage, that many HIO's in such a short span of time, incredible. E.g. I'm almost in my 4th year of playing overhere and I only shot 2 - although both in less than 3/4 of an hour timeframe, guess you may call that remarkable as well ;-).

About the Hall Of Fame: this thread is called "presenting: WGT Hall of Fame......and all notable results & achievements".

Right now as you can see at the start of this thread, there's only 6 players in the HOF itself, i.e. the Major-winners and the extraordinary Legend, the 'godfather of WGT', tibbets.

All other players in the Opening Post of this thread are in there cause of  "notable results & achievements", so that ain't a part of the actual HOF itself. There's already a lot of players in here and I guess we can add as many stats/players as we can imagine. But since it ain't possible 4 wgt 2 deliver the stats, it's hard work 2 get them at all and 2 keep them up 2 date. So that's the reason why I can't add new stats (like the HIO's) endlessly (as much as I would like it)...it's just not possible 2 be accurate/up 2 date anymore and I need over 100 hours a week.....extra....;-)

Final thoughts about the HOF. Think the HOF is something special and we have 2 keep it like that. My idea is that every Major-winner is in there and maybe some other players who have achieved something extraordinary. Not sure what that will be, but it has 2 be really special....E.g. a 'player of the year' elected by other players might be a possible contender.

Hope you girls-guys aren't 2 dissapointed, thx a lot 4 your replies and your involvement, I really appreciate that ;-).

Cheers, GC

Edit:

Justinee, there's a little surprise 4 you. Noticed your 53 in BOFH on your profile page, the lowest score I know on this course. Click the BOFH 53 score in this thread;-). Do you still have the URL (link) of this RG?

• Spammage
    694 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2012 7:23 AM

No worries Goody - I wasn't trying to in any way insinuate that I deserved to be mentioned in this thread at all - quite the opposite in fact.  While the HIOs are fun and there is some skill involved they can also be as much about luck as anything else.  I actually had two of mine in one day as well.  

Keep up the good work Goody!

• justinee
    260 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2012 3:53 PM

GoodyChamp:
    Justinee, there's a little surprise 4 you. Noticed your 53 in BOFH on your profile page, the lowest score I know on this course. Click the BOFH 53 score in this thread;-). Do you still have the URL (link) of this RG?

Really ! LOL....Cool :)

Best of Strokeplay Full 18 Ready Go

Thank You GC 

• godelescher
    636 Posts
    Sun, Jun 10 2012 9:20 PM

• GoodyChamp
    595 Posts
    Thu, Jun 14 2012 6:03 AM

Hi,

It looks like WGT Nation is gonna become something 'serious' now.  So I've added a new section with WGT Nation tournament results.

And 4 the 1's who're interested, I've added links 2 the official Course homepages - you might find some useful info how 2 play those tough courses right there ;-)

Just click the picture of the course in the section "Course records" and the homepage will open in a new tab....have fun ;-)

Example: 

Cheers, GC

RSS