Help › Forums

Buying New Equipment

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 13 2010 10:09 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CarlosMCampos77
    4 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 11:26 AM

Hello there ... i'm currently Pro Tier but i'm having trouble achieving big scores because of the extra distance.

I'm thinking about adding some new equipment to my bag and i'm problably willing to spend about $30.

Do you think its better for me to buy some clubs with fast meters that would get me ready for the master tier? What do you think?

• TarheelsRule
    5,476 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 12:10 PM
    Other than picking up a Rapture Driver to use as a pro, I would hold off getting new clubs until you make master. None of the master clubs are available to you and it seems silly to upgrade now and have to do it again when you make master. Stick it out with standards and maybe a pro level driver until you make master and then spend your money.
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 12:22 PM

I think this depends on how far you want to go with this game.

If you really like this game and think you can be good enough to move up to the Master tier eventually, I'd go with what TarheelsRule said.   Hold off on purchasing any irons and fairway wood until you make the Master tier.   You will probably need a driver for now (which you'll probably have to upgrade again after you make Master) and get yourself a good putter for now.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 12:55 PM

Another viewpoint, if you are planning to be a top shooter in this game, drop the dough now, buy the raptures, and win enough credits to upgrade clubs in the future.  You can even use the rapture irons for a while as a master.  In either case you are going to need to put practice time in.  I used the raptures until I had a set # of credits to buy the g10's without depleting my credits to nothing.  You may not like the uber fast master meter anway.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 12:58 PM

Plus, making master tier on starter clubs sounds like a daunting task.

• CarlosMCampos77
    4 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 12:59 PM

Is it really possible to make to master with the starter clubs? I really don't understand the requirements to move up to Master ...

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 1:03 PM

CarlosMCampos77:
    I really don't understand the requirements to move up to Master ...

Simple, really... get your rank to 65.5 (or so).

Nothing else is 'required'.

Have a nice day.

• CarlosMCampos77
    4 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 1:05 PM

neildiamond11790:

Another viewpoint, if you are planning to be a top shooter in this game, drop the dough now, buy the raptures, and win enough credits to upgrade clubs in the future.  You can even use the rapture irons for a while as a master.  In either case you are going to need to put practice time in.  I used the raptures until I had a set # of credits to buy the g10's without depleting my credits to nothing.  You may not like the uber fast master meter anway.

What about buying the Tour Burner? Don't you think it a valuable option?

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 2:07 PM

The rapture gets most didstance, and is easiest meter.  Its really up to you.  If you are thinking you want a consistent meter speed that will prepare you for master tier, perhaps buy a better wedge first.  The wedges are the faster master meter speeds, but you dont have to be a master.  I have 2 pro wedges, and 1 master wedge.  That will be your cheapest entry to a fast meter.  You could also rent something in the pro shop for the day and try it out.  It took me a while to get used to master meter speeds, I still have trouble with them but I can also score better with them.  If you end up making master, good chance you will get the G10's (unless something better comes out soon).  The PW is rated for 115yds (kind of funny since most pro's can hit a PW 140 easy), so what yardage do you want for your next wedge?  You can get a 54 degree wedge that goes 98yds, but then again the punch distance for PW is also 98yds, so is that really necessary to have 2 clubs that hit same distance.  Thats what I have, but its more for chipping distances that I like that setup.  I would say figure that out, buy one, rent one, whatever and give it a shot.

• ghettocop1
    259 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2010 2:16 PM

Hey man, you can do it anyway you want.  Some people like me who really enjoy the game, and also enjoy spending money on their hobbies upgrade at every level.  As a Pro I upgraded twice.  Ended up with the Rapture 9.5, 3W, Pro Irons, and Spider.  Had the time of my life.  The Rapture Driver that hits 255 will vastly improve your Pro experience.  Now that I recently turned Master, I upgraded everything again.  I have spent over 100.00 bucks so far and don't mind a bit.  There is nothing "wrong" or "lame" about spending money to enjoy yourself.  If some of the experts around here try to make you feel bad about buying stuff, just ignore them and have fun.

• PAGES
RSS