Forums

Help › Forums

putt yardage from the fringe.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Mar 18 2010 6:29 AM (7 replies)
  • anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 7:54 PM

20 foot putt from the edge of the fringe on #9 straight, up 3" with a  20 feet distance. I putt then BAM ...NNOOOooooooo!!!!!  The meter reads 20 YARDS NOT FEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I walk up to a real putt no way am I thinking 20 yards!!!...Why is the setting on YARDS and not FEET? All thoughts are appreciated.

OH yea...I forgot was at -3 going for -5 and I ran over the hole!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 8:14 PM

Anywhere on the course that isn't labeled as 'GREEN' is listed in yards.

ONLY the GREEN is listed in feet.

And, as you might have guessed by now, the FRINGE isn't the GREEN.

And yes, we've all done that before.  You will get used to it.

Have a nice day.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 9:10 PM

Yup, been there, done that..... ranks right up there with the accidental nudge of the mouse wheel changing the scale (or club).... happened many many times, you learn to double and triple check (eventually).

Good Luck!

• anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Sun, Mar 14 2010 7:39 PM

I agree and try not to forget to be certain of the distance listed BUT When I play golf I have NEVER stepped up to the ball on the fringe instantly thinking the distance is 20 yards when it is 20 feet. there should be NO double checking yards/footage.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, Mar 16 2010 9:48 PM

anthonyvp1:
    I agree and try not to forget to be certain of the distance listed BUT When I play golf I have NEVER stepped up to the ball on the fringe instantly thinking the distance is 20 yards when it is 20 feet. there should be NO double checking yards/footage.

The difference is you're playing golf here while sitting on your derriere and twitching your finger.  Out on a real golf course you actually get to hold a putter.

If you can't tell the difference between the two, there are more serious issues than having to choose between feet and yards.

Have a nice day.    :ninja:

• JulioMoot
    76 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 12:08 AM

yup, i was on the fringe 9th(St Andy's), i'm pretty sure it said 50y! to pin. i get the 100y putter and hit it 40y, lol thru the green into the bunker ffs lol.

JM

ps Jessica Alba's a hot biatch :)

• anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Wed, Mar 17 2010 7:22 PM

The difference is you're playing golf here while sitting on your derriere and twitching your finger.  Out on a real golf course you actually get to hold a putter.

Well figured out....and your point is?..........

If you can't tell the difference between the two, there are more serious issues than having to choose between feet and yards.

A bit of a smart aesh remark....and your point is?...........

and since you haven't responded with any useful information........

Have a nice day.

• DougieWaugh
    1,145 Posts
    Thu, Mar 18 2010 6:29 AM

Never had this problem before when I read this thread yesterday, then today I was on the green at the 4th at StA's and must have nudged the button by mistake to 300ft.

A 14ft putt for birdie becomes a double bogey via a pot bunker. My mistake and lesson learned.

RSS