Firefox login errors

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 3 2010 4:03 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 2:31 PM

DeerRun,

Are you still able to login using Firefox?  What do you mean by "freezes"?  Where does it freeze and what do you see when it's frozen?  Does it always stop in exactly the same spot?  Please be as specific as possible including all the steps that you take up until the moment it stops working.

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 3:28 PM

DeerRun ... Firefox 3.5.8 is a little older.. I'm running 3.6. It might help to update FF ... and make sure that you have the lastest version of flash installed as well ...10,0,45,2 .Not sure if that's going to help, but I've had the same problems b4 and it turned out to be due to an older version of one or the other.

• Pressto
    56 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 4:17 PM

No it does not fix it.

All the suggestions are exactly the same as last year when this problem start and not a single one solve it, which is why I gave up and just stopped playing.

Please go to your email logs and look up how I have tried everything you have suggest already, because after 9 months I was hoping for some new feedback.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 4:40 PM

Get the Chrome browser. Free, easy to install and works better than Firefox. 

• lumpner
    23 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 4:59 PM
    rite on; just switched to the "chrome" and if works much better than IE that i was using. lump
  • WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 6:45 PM

Pressto,

Unfortunately I'm still relatively new here and do not work from inside of the office, so I don't yet have access to past emails to use as a reference.  However, I would like to continue trying to solve your problem so I'm going to ask you to try a complete uninstall and reinstall of both Flash Player and Firefox.

1.)  Go To: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

2.)  Download and run uninstall_flash_player.exe and follow the instructions to remove flash.  This will remove the flash player from all browsers on your system.

3.)  Go To: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Uninstalling+Firefox

4.)  Follow the instructions on that page (through Step 9) to uninstall Firefox.

!! While uninstalling be sure to check the "Remove my Firefox personal data and customizations" option.  This is most important because we need to remove the old leftover information on your system as well as the program itself. !!

5. To remove all Firefox profile data, delete the following directories if they still exist. [Username] is your Windows login name that is displayed at the top of the Start menu.  Generally these folders are located in your main C:\ drive.

If you have Windows XP -

On your PC navigate to: \Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data

Locate and delete the Mozilla folder.

On your PC navigate to: \Documents and Settings\[Username]\Local Settings\Application Data

If you have Windows Vista and Windows 7 -

On your PC navigate to: \Users\[username]\AppData\Local

On your PC navigate to: \Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming

6.)  Go To: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html

7.)  Download and re-install Firefox 3.6

8.)  Once the installation is complete open Firefox and go to: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

9.)  Download and install the latest Adobe Flash Player (You may wish to Uncheck the "Free McAffee Security Scan Plus" option)

10.)  Once the install is complete restart Firefox and try to login to the website again.

Until Firefox is working correctly you may wish to try downloading the Google Chrome browser and giving that a try.  Many users have reported comparable in-game performance versus Firefox.

Please let us know if this helped.

• DeerRun
    230 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 7:48 PM

I can log in using firefox but the game usually freezes in the back swing.  I wait and nothing changes.  I play the usual game then usually early after the first or second hole it freezes in the back swing.  To play the game I have to use safari. It started happening with me after the front nine at St. Andrews was added.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 10:36 PM

DeerRun,

Ok, that tells me that everything's ok as far as your browser is concerned, it's just having trouble accessing/reading the game assets that are stored in Firefox's cache.

If you have the same cookie settings and global flash settings that I illustrated on the first page and you have already cleared both your Flash and Browser caches then I'd recommend performing an  uninstall/reinstall with Firefox.  You can use the same instructions I provided for Pressto.  Make sure while uninstalling that you choose to remove all previous firefox settings.  You shouldn't need to re-install Flash for your situation so you can skip over the steps concerning the Flash Player.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Wed, Mar 3 2010 12:55 AM

Hey niv just a thought maybe they have an anti virus program that are disabling the cookies in some way i had similar problem once and reducing anti virus setting did the trick im no techi but just a thought.

chip

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Mar 3 2010 4:03 AM

Just a note to firefox users.

The internal cache is set to 50 MB by default. Many issues are resolved for many firefox load issues by increasing the available cache. Mine is set to 800.

Happy hitting.

• PAGES
RSS