Forums

Help › Forums

Can't set Busy

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 25 2010 2:46 PM (5 replies)
  • bpnana
    846 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 9:22 AM

Hi, I went to play a game today and I tried to put my light in hide mode, busy mode, ready for game mode, and when I went to do that during the game,. it kicks me out everytime, I tried like 5 times and every time the same thing happened, I got like 3 invites during 1 game and had to decline all, because I could not put my light in busy mode!!

Thanks

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 11:30 AM

Hey bpnana,

Please make sure you have cleared your flash and browser caches.  We released a product update last night and it's important to clear caches each time we do.

Follow the instructions at the bottom of the following post to clear your caches: http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/635/2552.aspx

After you clear out then close your browser and restart it.  You should able to use all of your friend list settings now.  If not, please let us know.

Thanks =)

• bpnana
    846 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 11:57 AM

Hi, thank You very much, it seems to be working now, I tried it once and did not kick me off the game..  

Thanks 

• manilowgirl
    6 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 2:02 PM

I'm still having problems with the status options. I cleared out my flash and browser caches. Everytime that I change statuses I get booted out and have to sign back in. This is really annoying when you get in a game and have a lot of invites and you can't set it to busy.

Problem fixed: had to run file cleanup on my Norton. Just doing the other 2 things above didn't do the trick.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 2:24 PM

Manilowgirl,

Try clearing your browser cookies first and clear your browser cache again.  Close your browser window and restart it again.  I had a similar problem after clearing my caches and this fixed it.

Here are instructions on how to clear cookies in various browsers: http://www.2privacy.com/www/enable-cookies-disable/delete-cookies.html

Scroll down about halfway and look for the instructions for the browser you are using.

Let us know if this didn't work.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 2:46 PM

Niv-This may be related to Chrome. I cannot log in with that browser ever since the game crashed after trying to change the status. I've cleared both caches and still can't get to WGT through Chrome. I'm using Firefox in the meantime.

The last bug report I sent was the last thing I could do in Chrome. It crashed during the bug report and has been unusable since.

*edit*  It appears to have something to do with cookies. In trying to figure out what was wrong I tried logging in after clicking Play Now. The log in prompt came up and when I tried to log in I got a cookie message. Either Chrome changed or this status bug changed the cookie management. Re-enabling cookies solved the problem.

RSS