Forums

Help › Forums

Acheivments on st andrews

rated by 0 users
Sat, Mar 13 2010 5:40 AM (5 replies)
  • xxmattscarpaxx
    63 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 8:28 AM

I hit a drive and beat my long drive. I should be at 327, instead it stayed at 318.8. Also will there be awards for this course like the others. Such as greens in regulation and so on. I hit all the greens on my first game so i was wondering if it would be the same as the other courses. Thank you for your time.

• xxmattscarpaxx
    63 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 9:07 AM

I just hit one 336 and received my achievement award for it.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 11:18 AM

Hey Matt,

It shows your long drive at 336 so it should be updating properly.  Remember that the ball has to stop in the fairway for it to count as a long drive.  Right now I don't believe the game is counting long drive if you stop on the green.  We'll address that in a future patch.

*edit* Threads Merged

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 11:46 AM

I to got the gold award for long drive today on the Old course (331). I believe for the long drive value to show up on your stat board, You have to drive longer than your previous drive then the award will be given, and the stat will change. Until then, the latter drive value will remain the same on our profile stat board.

Any way this could be the case WGTniv? It may not be a bug after all.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 11:52 AM

You do have to beat your longest drive, yes,  but there's also the stipulations of having it land in the fairway.  Landing in (and stopping in) rough, fescue or even on the green itself will cause it not to record your long drive though again, the green part is a bug that we'll be patching soon.

• cjfelton
    79 Posts
    Sat, Mar 13 2010 5:40 AM

Just thought I'd let you know Niv that this bug isn't fixed yet.  348 yd drive on St. Andrews #7 I believe, on the green in one and it didn't update my record drive.  No big deal because with heavy wind on St. Andrews there will be plenty more chances to knock some long ones.

Because someone will ask, yes I did drain the long eagle putt.  That was more enjoyable than the drive anyway.

RSS