Forums

Help › Forums

Post your best putts here!

Mon, Feb 5 2024 8:57 AM (910 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Mon, Feb 5 2024 8:57 AM

vonnegutshot:
    Now what I'm finding completely perplexing as well as interesting is how you set up the meter. You had a 56ft putt yet you used the 300ft meter? That just amazes me because even if you're playing on a large screen TV via laptop etc (which is how I play because the large screen gives me more precision with the shot meter)... by using the 300ft meter, each line has a value of 30ft... so with a 56ft putt, it doesn't seem like you'd be able to nail down precision because like you show, you use just a miniscule part of the meter.... Why not use the 60 or 100?

Unless it's inside 3ft and on at least Tournament 11 greens, I always use a meter where I don't have to use more than 10-12% of the meter where possible  Obviously for a 100ft putt I have to use more than that on the 300ft scale.  The reason for this is so that the meter doesn't have far to get back to where I want to click, making it easier, for me at least.  Yes the higher scale makes it a little more tricky to get the yardage precise, but I'm not generally too bad with it as I've done it for so long now.

Back in the days of Flash, one pixel of the meter (or maybe it's one movement rather than one pixel?) was half a percent (1/2%), so two pixels was 1%.  I'm assuming the same still applies now, but I'm not 100% sure, and I don't generally work that accurately any more, but I'm not usually very far away with the distance.  Also, I don't know how screen resolutions would affect those figures, you can only find out by checking for yourself.

RSS