skip nav

Forums

Post your best putts here!

Tue, Sep 10 2019 10:15 AM by Scottish1959. 881 replies.
  • DoctorLarry United States
    2,357 Posts
    Tue, Jan 15 2019 12:35 PM

craigswan:

I did hit this one with my putter even though I was off the green .

Hope it still counts .

Golf GIF - Golf GIFs

golf clash does not count............

Digg
    Delicious
  • deadeye9145 United States
    366 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2019 1:13 PM

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=e020ce22-1689-430e-aefa-a9d4015c2a43

Cant seem to get this right, but it is #8 at Chambers, Eagle putt.  Copy and paste in player to view.

Tom

Digg
    Delicious
  • Kenher01 Ireland
    841 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2019 7:01 PM

Vvn Tom,

Ken

Digg
    Delicious
  • DoctorLarry United States
    2,357 Posts
    Wed, Jan 16 2019 9:41 PM

deadeye9145:

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=e020ce22-1689-430e-aefa-a9d4015c2a43

Cant seem to get this right, but it is #8 at Chambers, Eagle putt.  Copy and paste in player to view.

Tom

Try that.  Nice putt.

Digg
    Delicious
  • andwhy67 France
    2,202 Posts
    Thu, Jan 17 2019 12:01 PM
    Digg
    Delicious
  • Dubfore Ireland
    4,164 Posts
    Mon, Mar 25 2019 2:25 PM

81 feet and 3 feet elevation...and in!

replay.aspx?ID=d63b6894 cc9b 44b9 adbd aa1b015fc6a3

Digg
    Delicious
  • JDGHOST United States
    1,607 Posts
    Fri, Aug 2 2019 7:45 PM
    Digg
    Delicious
  • Pego1986 Slovakia
    24 Posts
    Sat, Aug 3 2019 7:00 PM
    Digg
    Delicious
  • pooped169 United States
    79 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2019 1:18 PM

I made a 150 footer. But, it was in a club ctth tourney and would not let me save a replay. :( Didn't even count as my longest putt. :(

Digg
    Delicious
  • goldeena Thailand
    1,742 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2019 5:01 AM

Two over the last two days, completely different approaches....

1. The quantized break method.

I am calling this the 'quantized break method', it truly is mine for once and nobody is doing it - otherwise they would have said so and I don't see it, so it's mine along with see-click and snead linear).

Anyway here's the sketch...

It's beautiful isn't it.

And can you see what I am doing? I am sticking out a first guidline by making an estimate (usually based on an average dot time, compounded with my own judgement). From that you can use something like MB Ruler (hint hint), to trace out what you think the break will be, further more if you then make sure each of those points is on one of the horizontals you are able to unlock the grid and measure the dot speed for each point of the break at exactly the middle of a square. It could be any square and with me it usually is as I don't like the pointer getting in the way so I shift it right out of the way. because you are measuring each point of the break as a discrete section you are no longer inhibited with a break that might transcend more than 1 column - it could transcend 50 columns if WGT could fit them in to a screen - you are just moving the grid to accommodate each discrete point on that break you just traced out, as long as it's bang in the centre of a square that's the most accurate picture you can get as to what the dot speed will be, though limited in the vertical axis this does represent quite an advancement in measurement technique and I am now seeing the rewards of my innovation.

The result:

This was a particularly pleasing putt because it had everything - the quantized break method, and Magnets wind offset was applied in full because of the strong sidewind perpendicular to the putt. I also took off a foot from that putt power because from experience these kind of 1-2 square in-swingers go in more if you take around half-to-a- foot off (vectors e.t.c...).

No method method:

I just hit this without even looking, I was calibrating what was a Hex45 and the game and the putt were of no significance and would you believe it - funny old game innit eyyy, they come when you don't need 'em!!

Just don't tell me putting methods don't work - I am building up a library of these tough putts!!!

Digg
    Delicious
RSS