Forums

Help › Forums

Kiawah 4th and Mulch

rated by 0 users
Sun, Feb 14 2010 12:19 PM (8 replies)
  • Randellpoet1
    37 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 5:45 AM

I don't know if you consider this a "bug." In fact i am sure to here in response to this that I am doing something wrong but here goes anyway. I have for 37 times straight, no matter what club or aim I use, landed in the bunker just in front of the green on the 4th hole at Kiawah. It doesn't matter what I do the ball always lands in the bunker to the left (when facing the green from the tee). I find the odds of this to be staggering. Just today I had a 15mph wind at my back and over-hit the ball in an attempt to hit over the green. I have hit way to the left of the green with the wind moving from right to left. But somehow the ball ALWAYS finds its way into this bunker and in the same spot.

Also I landed in some mulch and hit the ball 6 times and it did not move an inch. There is no way to can tell me that this is possible! This happened in a Ready-Go tournament that cost me money! It isn't even like the ball was buried either. According to your game it was at a 20%-30% lie in the mulch and I was on a hill above the hole. The ball, by all known physics, should have at least rolled out of the mulch and down into the rough between the mulch and the green. I do not believe this is an accurate portrayal of real circumstances.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 6:20 AM

Randellpoet1:

I have for 37 times straight, no matter what club or aim I use, landed in the bunker just in front of the green on the 4th hole at Kiawah. It doesn't matter what I do the ball always lands in the bunker to the left (when facing the green from the tee). I find the odds of this to be staggering. Just today I had a 15mph wind at my back and over-hit the ball in an attempt to hit over the green. I have hit way to the left of the green with the wind moving from right to left. But somehow the ball ALWAYS finds its way into this bunker and in the same spot.

Surely you're taking some poetic license (37 straight?)  to make a point.  I'm seldom in that front bunker on 4.  Most often chipping from the back fringe or a long birdie putt.

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 6:22 AM

Hi Randell, I may be mistaken but, I thought you posted about KI #4 already and got some answers. It sounds to me like some sort of "mental block" like standing on the tee at KI#17 and your Last thought before hitting the ball is "Don`t Hit The Water !". Well, we all know how that works....bad Last thought ! This gives a new meaning to the phrase but it might work...."Think Green !"

As for the mulch...You can now consider yourself a true member of WGT having been "initiated" by the "Mulch". Congrats ! I won`t say anymore on the subject, just type -mulch- into the search box to the top right of this page and sit back and read for an hour or more. The same goes for #4 KI as a matter of fact. Enjoy :-)

PS- Have you ever tried landing Short of the green? Furthermore, you should be pretty good at getting out of that bunker by now and saving par. That`s all you can really ask for on that hole.GL

• Randellpoet1
    37 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 7:08 AM

No poetic license-I've been counting. In fact it is more than that because I only started counting 37 times ago.

• Randellpoet1
    37 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 7:11 AM

I did post about this before and tried the advise I was given. I still end up in that bunker even when I hit what should be very short or far to the left of that bunker. But I knew someone would come along and blame it on me as I stated in my post-Thank you.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 8:32 AM

Randellpoet1:
    But I knew someone would come along and blame it on me as I stated in my post

This kinda defies logic, randall. You're doing the clicking so you have to take responsibility. What I don't understand from your posts is how this can possibly happen if you change what you do. I mean, come on-every single try makes it into that bunker? 

You have decent clubs so maybe if you laid out the specifics of your club setup it would help figuring out what you're doing wrong. Yes, you are doing something wrong. Sorry.

• Randellpoet1
    37 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 3:52 PM

YankeeJim:
    This kinda defies logic

My point exactly! As far as what I am doing, well I have tried many different shots with different clubs and balls. Of course as I am learning from these posts this game is so perfect it must be able to walk on water, at least you would think so the way people defend it. I posted this for the people who actually run the game because it is a big problem for me to see a ball I hit well short of the bunker magically fly an extra 20 yards and drift against the wind right into the bunker. But I don't see any replies from anyone from WGT. Personally I don't really care what other players think because it is clear that their devotion to this game is almost scary. Of course I really don't expect the WGT to want to admit that there might be something wrong with their game. I mean after so many times in that bunker doing all I can to stay out of it the problem just has to be me and the way I play. I do well on all the other holes and have a pretty good average so it's not like I totally suck at this game. But with as well as I do at the other holes I can't do a thing to keep out of this bunker. All I know is I'm not spending another dime on this game as long as I have to always have to play my third shot from that bunker. If it was at all logical for me to be in that bunker EVERY TIME I PLAY that hole than I wouldn't be posting it as a problem (bug). I am very happy for all those who are not having this problem but that still doesn't mean there isn't a problem with the COMPUTER PROGRAM (not real golf). Oh and please notice the name is RANDELL.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 12 2010 5:18 PM

Randell-What defies logic is not you hitting that trap. It's that you are the only one, out of all the golfers here, that does that. If you weren't the masses would be howling. How do you explain that?

I would really like to help you break this string. Seriously. I just refuse to believe it is this game. Yes, there are bugs a such here but not like this trap business. There's a solution and if you want to pursue it I will happily help.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Feb 14 2010 12:19 PM

I am in agreement with YJ.

Granted, I don't play thousands and thousands of rounds here.  But on the fourth at Kiwah I rarely find that bunker.

My secret?  I never play for the green in two.  I always play for the wideout area to the left.  Stick a wedge close in three and walk away with a par.

But that's just me.  Peace.

RSS