Forums

Help › Forums

Unexpected error

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 4 2010 4:15 PM (7 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 7:58 PM

Has anyone experienced this. I just got done playing Kiawah front 9 and And the game shut down four times due to an unexpected error. It's the first time I've ever saw this.

Edit: Ok, this is getting serious. I'm unable to play even two holes without the game shutting down unexpectedly. The message offers an apology with a thanks from WGT.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 5:27 AM

Richard,

It may be an obvious question, but here it goes... Did you try clearing your browser and flash after the last update?  You may have some old files that don't 'agree' with the system patch from the other night.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 6:25 AM

Thanks lee for the reminder. I'm going to clear them now and see if it helps.

Edit: Well, no help. I cleared the browser and flash caches and it shut down after 2.5 holes. I wonder if my computer settings changed and could have anything to do with it?

Thanks for the help in any event Lee.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 7:08 AM

What a travesty this is. No WGT golf, damn. I guess I'll play 2 holes at a time.

WGT, PLEASE HELP!!!

Edit: When i return to play, the background is blue. For example, I see the avatar in a putting stance and the putting grid with a blue screen, and then the screen loads the back drop. The blue screen is only momentary.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 8:25 AM

Rich-What browser are you using? Also, right click on "play Now" and chose "About Adobe...." What version are you using?

I get this..........   You have version 10,0,42,34 installed

I realize you probably haven't mucked around with Flash other than to clear the cache but your problem sounds very much like one that cropped up in the Flash thread a while ago. Perhaps uninstalling Flash and reinstalling it would help.

http://wgt.com/forums/t/7987.aspx?PageIndex=1

Hope this helps. If it doesn't add it to the list of Known Non-causes.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 11:53 AM

Hi Richard,  please submit a bug report when this happens again by right-clicking and selecting "submit this problem to WGT."  Please be sure to include the details of what you're experiencing in your description.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 3:51 PM

I will send a bug report in the future admin if a problem persist. Thanks Jim for your help on this matter.

Problem solved. My friend uploaded Windows 7 for me and it is the bomb.

Smoothest meter I ever saw.

The screen resolution for the game is funky, but the resolution for for a normal browsing window is fine. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Edit: Game resolution fixed.

Thanks again everyone for your help.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 4:15 PM

Windows 7 was my idea. Royalties forthcoming, I presume.

RSS