Forums

Help › Forums

our friendly meter

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 26 2010 12:12 PM (3 replies)
  • bigbilldoh
    15 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 3:45 PM

I have had it with this site. As far as scoreing, relative to, surpassing another score, "in other words posting a lower score", or just straight up winning a tournament, by posting the best score, this site is not set up that way. For the players, who have not caught on, this site wants us to believe we're playin as such, but for anyone who has been here for awhile, we're playing againist a screwed up up meter, period.

Here's why you see the same people on the leader boards, they have the best equipment, and I don't mean clubs, or balls, they have the knewest computers, or they are computer geeks, who have never picked up a golf club, in there lives, but know how to get around a computer, with their eyes closed.

To the people who made up the soft-ware for this site, your attempt I can say was half heartedly. Yes, there are some positives, but your meter software, well it belongs where I leave something every morning, after my second cup of coffee. I have to warn the little lady, you better not go in there yet!!

So ban me from the site, or take it like adults, and do something about this fiasco.

Lyle "bigbilldoh" Dam

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 8:37 AM

Hmmm... my specs:

Dell Latitude D810 laptop, 2.13GHz processor, 2 GB Ram... not what I'd call the top of the line.  Yes I do know how to 'optimize' my system, but by no means am I a 'computer geek', a geek maybe... not for computers though.  And yes, I do try to get out and play golf when I have the time and money to do so.... (considering I have two young children, it doesn't happen as much as I like it to....)

So I'd say that's proof that it can be done.... sure I suffer the occasional meter glitch, sometimes more than others, but I deal with it, recover and move on.  Hmmm... just like a bad bounce in the real thing, no?

But if you still want to leave.... no one is stopping you. 

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 10:12 AM

5 or 6 year old Dell here ...1G of Ram ... barely minimum system all around. I have the occasional meter glitch just like everyone else ....only thing  that I wish for  is to have AvLee's clicking finger.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 12:12 PM

I don't see how knowing your way around a computer is a bad thing if you want to play your best.

In addition, I believe the top players around here put in the stick time, play well under pressure and most certainly have the talent.  I suspect most know the correlation between different clubs and balls, they own the equipment they need, and customize their bags to optimize performance under different course and weather conditions.

By the way, what are those numbers Avatar and Jeff are talking about? (0;\

Joey

RSS