Forums

Help › Forums

Could someone explain this ?

Thu, Jan 28 2010 7:57 AM (80 replies)
  • jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 11:47 AM

WGTadmin:

To clarify, there is no "behind the curtain" tweaking of the equipment based on a player's skill. The performance characteristics of the equipment is made visible in the Pro Shop.  As you move up tiers, you get access to equipment that performs differently, and you're in control of what equipment you use.

WGT does not change the performance of existing clubs based on the play of the individual using it.

I guess I'll ask the obvious then since the above contradicts the documents. 

Is WGT contending that everything in said documents is there just for future optional use purposes (and patented for protection) and is currently NOT being used?

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 11:49 AM

nobody is saying the equipment is being tweaked, the wtf factor has increased, such as shot from left front bunker on #5 beth 20%-25% lie ding the shot goes directly sideways into bunker next to it hhhhmmmmm. the is no bug to report. goofy things like that started happening after last update, just fix it. thx JB

• cobra4
    359 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 11:51 AM

WGTadmin:
    To clarify, there is no "behind the curtain" tweaking of the equipment based on a player's skill. The performance characteristics of the equipment is made visible in the Pro Shop.

Have you not read what avatarlee said, 2 different games 9 shot difference? stop fobbing us off.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 11:52 AM

Ok so you filed a patent for a system that you don't use in the game?

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 11:53 AM

jbenny11:

nobody is saying the equipment is being tweaked, the wtf factor has increased, such as shot from left front bunker on #5 beth 20%-25% lie ding the shot goes directly sideways into bunker next to it hhhhmmmmm. the is no bug to report. goofy things like that started happening after last update, just fix it. thx JB

Well you might want to read the documents or original post since that is exactly what they say, which is why you see everyone commenting on it and the response from the WGT to clarify.   

Whether this is tied into the latest deviation increases is again another question. 

Maybe after the last update they started using the VEM as a test run. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 11:54 AM

WGTadmin:
    WGT does not change the performance of existing clubs based on the play of the individual using it.

Of course you don't. You don't have to, it's done for you by this VEM business, if it's in fact true. Or are you saying what Slash unearthed is not so?

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 12:14 PM

YankeeJim:

WGTadmin:

Of course you don't. You don't have to, it's done for you by this VEM business, if it's in fact true. Or are you saying what Slash unearthed is not so?

Take a look at the docs, they look pretty dang genuine to me, making it so.  Can't see how that part can be denied. 

The only question is whether or not the technology is finished and ready for use and whether or not it is currently being used.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 12:31 PM

Just as I expected.

Another vague answer that doesn't really address the question at hand.

The simple answer would be:

a) Yes, we use the VEM system

or

b) No, we don't use the VEM system that we took the time and money  to patent, but we will be implementing this system in x days or in a future release

This beating around the bush is getting old WGT.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 12:41 PM

To be fair, I don't think WGT implemented this VEM system to be sinister.  My guess is it's there to help level the playing field and to keep the top players interested.  Not such a bad thing.  Although, it is severely interesting in its revelation.

My personal request would be to set the parameters so that nobody can have a scoring average below those winning the Vardon Trophy on the PGA Tour.   

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Mon, Jan 25 2010 12:45 PM

I don't subscribe to conspiracy theories; in the end, everyone in WGT has signed NDA forms, so they are required to lie; therefore, leave it alone.

When I was younger, I played a game DIABLO II. There, you can wear magic find equipment and more you wear it, the better chance u have to find items. I got so paranoid once that after finding item at 10pm, I kept coming back at 10pm to same spot for 2 weeks...Obviously, i found nothing.

Now this 'thing' u found, sounds like form some patent filing. you know how those things go, if u have a concept, patent it, whether u'll use it or not, doesn't matter, u got 20 years to decide... So, just because it's patented, doesn't mean it's used...

Withthatsaid, something is out there, and some of us who do 10-20 rounds a day, there are some rounds where nothing flies anywhere you aim it. that's when avatar lee loses buys a new mouse, I replace monitor, and tibbets replaces drywall after his hand healed...

my 2 cents:)

RSS