• PAGES
  • MrMcCormick
    69 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 4:43 PM

h

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 5:33 PM

There's a site called WGTLS that already does this sort of thing with tournaments and a tour season and it's free

• SouthpawJinx
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 6:39 PM

This is just an idea I have.

I am in web design so I can create everything as it needs to be. I would create a demo site for everyone to take a look at. But I am not going to put in a huge amount of time to do it if I am only going to get a small amount of people that want to join.

All monies paid monthly will go toward the site upkeep and purses for the winners. Non-profit. I just want to expand this game with alt shot tournaments and maybe even a Ryder Cup. I have a vision for how everything will work but I would want peoples opinions on things they would want to see in a site like this.

If I can create enough buzz then I will gladly build a start up site for peeps to take a look at... I know a couple of people have done this but I plan on making it more (competitive) with a chance to make a profitable gain as a member.

Just trying to expand on an already great game.

I am willing to answer any questions...

Pictures of the site? Go to gatewaytour.com or pga.com . It will have that sort of feel to it.

Security? Everything will be password enabled and protected. All members will actually have a personal page area to write messages to myself if they have any questions. Sort of like a private message board. Payments, gifts, and etc. will all be certified and protected with such sources like paypal. Which means if the member has any concerns they can request a refund without a problem.

Owner? I would be the owner with the help of possible 1 or 2 other people helping part time. With my background I would be able to handle the site and any problems that would arise.

Company Name? It is something I will think about but this is just a thought right now. I want to know what members would like to see in a site like this that would make it worth their while as well as fun and competitive.

Tournaments?

I would be able to offer match play tournaments with a bracket format.

Alt shot tournaments where everyone either picks a partner or gets assigned one and sticks with them throughout th year and plays in different style tournaments surrounding that.

Regular four day 18 hole events that would be ran through the country club format and I would take those results and scan them through and post them on the site.

Handicap tournaments to even out some events.

If it grows it will be broken up into divisions.

Example: PGA         NATIONWIDE           GATEWAY

At the end of the year the lowest in points of pga and nationwide will move down a tier and the higher in the others will move up.

Of course there will be multiple prizes handed out and trophies which I think would be pretty cool.

I would have the four major's throughout the year that members and non-members would have to qualify for.

The sky is the limit. Like I said this is just an idea. All the money would go to the winning members and to keep the site going. Outside of that I am just doing this to create a platform and bring more to this game.

Any questions or input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

James McCormick

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Mon, Jan 23 2012 10:56 PM

SouthpawJinx:

SouthpawJinx:

Thanks again,

James McCormick

Any relation to the OP?

And Level 60 hacks with the highest allowable WTG avg...kinda fishy IMO.

Best of luck.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 4:07 AM

SouthpawJinx:

I am in web design so I can create everything as it needs to be. I would create a demo site for everyone to take a look at. But I am not going to put in a huge amount of time to do it if I am only going to get a small amount of people that want to join.

All monies paid monthly will go toward the site upkeep and purses for the winners. Non-profit. I just want to expand this game with alt shot tournaments and maybe even a Ryder Cup. I have a vision for how everything will work but I would want peoples opinions on things they would want to see in a site like this.

If I can create enough buzz then I will gladly build a start up site for peeps to take a look at... I know a couple of people have done this but I plan on making it more (competitive) with a chance to make a profitable gain as a member.

Just trying to expand on an already great game.

I am willing to answer any questions...

Pictures of the site? Go to gatewaytour.com or pga.com . It will have that sort of feel to it.

Security? Everything will be password enabled and protected. All members will actually have a personal page area to write messages to myself if they have any questions. Sort of like a private message board. Payments, gifts, and etc. will all be certified and protected with such sources like paypal. Which means if the member has any concerns they can request a refund without a problem.

Owner? I would be the owner with the help of possible 1 or 2 other people helping part time. With my background I would be able to handle the site and any problems that would arise.

Company Name? It is something I will think about but this is just a thought right now. I want to know what members would like to see in a site like this that would make it worth their while as well as fun and competitive.

Tournaments?

I would be able to offer match play tournaments with a bracket format.

Alt shot tournaments where everyone either picks a partner or gets assigned one and sticks with them throughout th year and plays in different style tournaments surrounding that.

Regular four day 18 hole events that would be ran through the country club format and I would take those results and scan them through and post them on the site.

Handicap tournaments to even out some events.

If it grows it will be broken up into divisions.

Example: PGA         NATIONWIDE           GATEWAY

At the end of the year the lowest in points of pga and nationwide will move down a tier and the higher in the others will move up.

Of course there will be multiple prizes handed out and trophies which I think would be pretty cool.

I would have the four major's throughout the year that members and non-members would have to qualify for.

The sky is the limit. Like I said this is just an idea. All the money would go to the winning members and to keep the site going. Outside of that I am just doing this to create a platform and bring more to this game.

Thanks again,

James McCormick

For a site name, how about "Multiple Accounters R Us"  ??

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 6:07 AM

Oh,   thought he was trying to get my attention lol

H

• KJHAWK2
    567 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 7:10 AM

LMAO!!! It's MrMcCormick!!! Multi-acoounter????

HAWK

• MrMcCormick
    69 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 11:19 AM

I am not a multi accounter. I have a son on this site who would be possibly helping with the web-site design. He is going to most likely help me run the site but I would rather people talk and go through me only right now. I don't know why you would even consider the prupose of two opposing accounts when I have all the credits I would ever need and then some. I have been a member here for a long time and play this game for fun. With 175 in earnings and counting I don't need to set upanother account just to make more of what I don't need.

ALSO.. Why would I even consider loggin into another account and posting on the same subject. I didn't want my son posting on it in the first place but he wanted to add his input. Which is why I attempted to move the discussion and in doing so accidentally deleted my main post.

I have no reason to try to have two accounts. On top of that it is not illegal for my son to have one and post his thoughts on the subject. Is he going to be the main person that would assist with the site? Yes. But he in no way will OWN it like stated.

I apologize for the confusion and will still advice that this site is not for profit. I nor my son would participate in any of the tournaments that would be available. His job would be to monitor gameplay.

I have earned all the credits I would ever need so I am just trying to expand on an idea. To just jump in and accuse someone of this action is disrespectful. EXPECIALLY when I don't have any reason to do that.

MrMcCormick

• MrMcCormick
    69 Posts
    Tue, Jan 24 2012 11:35 AM

And furthermore I would be more then happy to show any sort of proof that the account does indeed belong to my son and also that he only plays in friendly games. Alt shot and match play. He has no interest in playing this game for credits. He has enough fun playing the other games.   

I or my son is willing to show any sort of proof to this fact.

• PAGES
RSS