Forums

Help › Forums

Building New Courses!

Fri, Jan 15 2010 5:00 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 11:14 AM

I just had an epiphany (that's not an espresso coffee drink)!  For those of us who want new courses stat!    Sell shares of new courses (with the shareholder voting on which courses he/she wants) and roll them out quicker! 

Shareholders would get a 10% (or 5%) additional distance "bonus" on courses they helped fund.  Similar to home course knowledge. Wondering if this is something WGT would/could do???

• cjfelton
    79 Posts
    Sat, Jan 9 2010 12:41 PM

The general idea here has some merit, however I think the implementation of a distance bonus might create a whole host of problems.   Not the least of which for me would be the different distances on my clubs at my "home" courses.  How about a discount card in the Pro Shop?  Those of us willing to pony up some $$$ to fund a course are no doubt spending money there already.  Any other ideas on how to reward those who might buy shares - other than the pure satisfaction of having more courses to play?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Jan 10 2010 2:39 PM
    If not a distance bonus, how about an accuracy bonus? (Again, home course knowledge) Some small benefit for being a shareholder and getting new courses built faster.
  • fcampisano
    19 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2010 12:07 PM

Why are the St Andrews and Pinehurst courses not available as match play options. They must be holding back because this is the beta version.

I can't believe it is REALLY taking this long to complete another 18 hole course. Hoping that TWO[TigerWoodsOnline] brings out more courses (personnally still not invited on beta yet). That should force the issue a bit.

Either annoying political or incompetent.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2010 1:45 PM

fcampisano:
    Why are the St Andrews and Pinehurst courses not available as match play options. They must be holding back because this is the beta version

St Andrews is on the 30 day list...  Pinehurst, who knows.  As you can read elsewhere, because these courses are not drawn, but photographed, it takes 6 months and $200k to roll out a single course.  So, it will take awhile.

TWO will not force the issue as the two games are as seperate as night and day.

TWO (There are a number of us on this round of beta, and the last) is a fun game, but it is still cartoon golf.  Anywhere you have someone shoot a 38(!!!) on a regulation golf course should not call itself 'golf'.  That's -34 for those of you scoring at home.   (Check Snoooks - Wolf Creek Course)

THAT'S AN EAGLE ON DAMN NEAR EVERY BLOODY HOLE!!!

I, personally, will laugh at anyone who claims TWO isn't cartoon golf.  WGT is still closer to real golf, beast and all, than TWO could ever be.

Ps & Edit .. it seems that TWO Beta has released another update yesterday.  All accounts reset.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2010 1:58 PM

Snaike, I can hear Faterson warming up his keyboard (not sure which of 3) as you speak!

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2010 2:02 PM

Let him....  TWO goes through another reset and everyone goes back to Hack/beginner as of yesterday and STILL Snoooks shoots a 38.   A 38?!!??! 

I don't care if he's on the Dev team and gets his new golfer completely upgraded with nuclear equipment and seeing-eye golf balls.... No self-respecting golfer should be able to shoot a -34 in 18 holes and call it 'golf'.

As made famous by one Chad Ochocinco:  "Child, please."

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2010 2:10 PM

Wonder what would happen if TWO made the scoring more realistic and all of a sudden breaking par would be difficult?  Would there be lots of screaming?  Would people want to go after Tiger with an iron?  Put fire hydrants in front of his Cadillac?  (His new Cadillac)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2010 2:27 PM

Doublemochaman:
    Wonder what would happen if TWO made the scoring more realistic and all of a sudden breaking par would be difficult?

You would have a golf game for golfers... which is exactly what EA Sports does NOT want.

The empire known as EA Sports does one thing, and they do it very well.  They make and market games for gamers to buy and play.  That is their focus and goal.  From this site:

• The average gamer is 35 years old and has been playing for 12 years.
    • Forty percent of all players are women and women over 18 years of age are one of the industry's fastest growing demographics.  Today, adult women represent a greater portion of the game-playing population (34 percent) than boys age 17 or younger (18 percent).
    • Twenty-five percent of game players are over the age of 50, an increase from nine percent in 1999.  This figure is sure to rise in coming years with nursing homes and senior centers across the nation now incorporating video games into their activities.
    • Forty-two percent of homes in America have a video game console.
    • Fifty-seven percent of online game players are male and 43 percent are female.  Thirty-seven percent of heads of households report they play games on wireless devices such as a cell phone or PDA, up from 20% in 2002.
    • Ninety-two percent of the time parents are present at the time games are purchased or rented.  Seventy-seven percent of parents believe that the parental controls available in all new video game consoles are useful.  In addition, 63 percent of parents believe games are a positive part of their children’s lives.

Video games/computer games are a HUGE market.  Contrast that with the fact that according to the NGF, less actual rounds are being played every year, meaning there are fewer and fewer golfers.  And, as the general rule, the older golfers are not really video game fans.... and so, we have a distinction to draw:

• There are golf games for those who love to play golf (WGT).
    • There are golf games for those who love to play video games (TWO).

Should you make the scoring in TWO more realistic, you would have their fanbase leaving in droves.. because at the end of the day, they really don't give a rat's butt about golf, they only care about playing a game and shooting a -38 at Wolf Creek.

...ok ok.. /rant off

• Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2010 11:33 AM

Interesting reading that Snaike.  Well done, But I am a little concerened that perhaps they are gonna revive and put 'Theme Hospital' into those nursing homes. "Clean up Aisle 5" !! and that could lead to "PONG !!!

Happy Golfin'

• PAGES
RSS