Help › Forums

Advice on golf clubs(real world)

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 12 2012 6:44 PM (62 replies)
  • Sinistem
    24 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 8:31 PM

Ihatecheats said..

How can you say " Kinda funny most of the top 10 tour pros use blades" then say "When will people stop looking at the elite for comparison" in the next breath?

Well the former was a retort to you bringing up the idea that 50% of pro's use cavity backs and the latter was my statement about  how silly it is to compare yourself to pros.

wanna talk about product endorsment?(roll eyes) I take it this means some sort of superior sarcastic remark, sorry it went right over my head.

No apology necessary...many pros, who knows who or how many, simply play with clubs they are currently paid to play...like I said before, they can hit with about anything anyway so they don't care( unless they really hate the clubs.)

Very very few learners could hit a blade without damage to their hands and wrists.

Now you're making me laugh!

Sin

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 8:36 PM

Sinistem:
    But if you want to get serious about  studying and learning the art of the human golf swing, get some blades.

My eyes have rolled out of my head.

Sir, your advice to any beginner golfer is the worst I have ever heard.  There's rarely a scratch golfer who uses blade clubs.

May I suggest you raise, slaughter, hang and age your own beef, in order to truly enjoy a steak?

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 8:41 PM

Sinistem:
    inda funny most of the top 10 tour pros use blades

And most of the top ten home run hitters in the MLB use a 40oz bat....should baseball beginners use one too?

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 8:47 PM

Sinistem:
    No apology necessary...many pros, who knows who or how many, simply play with clubs they are currently paid to play...like I said before, they can hit with about anything anyway so they don't care( unless they really hate the clubs.)

BZZZZZT!

You now have shown you are the weakest link.

You made a partially correct statement in that "they play the clubs they are paid to play", but that is just a minute fraction of the truth.

Do you think you can walk into Golfmart and buy the SAME clubs any of the top Pros are swinging?

Sure, you can get the brand and model...but lay them side buy side, pick them up, swing them, feel the shaft....you'll NEVER find anything like them off the shelf.

I could go on, but you seem to think you are the knowledgeable one, and I'll leave you with your own shortcomings.

Cheers!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 8:52 PM

Sinistem:
    like I said before, they can hit with about anything anyway so they don't care

Sorry....just had to get this in.

Another BZZZT!

You can feel free to do the research (which will prove yourself wrong) and see how many of the pros games change for the worse when they get a new sponsor, and how long it takes for them to get comfortable with new clubs.

I'm curious, where did you get all of your profound knowledge from?

• Sinistem
    24 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 9:00 PM

MBaggese:

Sinistem:
    inda funny most of the top 10 tour pros use blades

And most of the top ten home run hitters in the MLB use a 40oz bat....should baseball beginners use one too?

I'll say it one more time...that statement was a retort to a sugestion that 50% of pros use cavity back clubs...either statement is meaningless to the average golfer,hence my statement about how silly it is to look to elite athletes for direction.

For fricksake, believe it or not people from all walks of life used to hit bladeirons even (gasp) women and little girls!

BTW your  beef analogy is just ridiculous.

Sin

• Sinistem
    24 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 9:03 PM

MBaggese:

Go *** yourself

Sin

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 9:15 PM

Sinistem:

MBaggese:

Go *** yourself

Sin

Answer my question, and maybe I will surprise you!

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Tue, Jan 10 2012 9:26 PM

Sinistem:
    BTW your  beef analogy is just ridiculous.

As is 99% of what you have written.

I take that back, not ridiculous, just plain wrong.

• Ihatecheats
    298 Posts
    Wed, Jan 11 2012 7:23 AM

Sinistem:

I don't care at all what the pros use,  too forgiving of clubs will make you lazy.  Pretty soon your game begins to deteriorate after your initial pseudo-success  and you won't even know what or why your swing doesn't work any more... then you'll begin the club buying cycle so cleverly engineered by the golf manufacturing industry and foisted on unwary golf consumers at large.

Yeah, if all you want to do is go out on the weekend  duffin' and drinkin' with friends( not that there's anything wrong with that) and you've no chance to practice, by all means get  some high handicap game improvers and go for it. They are heaven sent for that.

But if you want to get serious about  studying and learning the art of the human golf swing, get some blades.   Your first pured shot will tell you what golfs really about.

Sin

I have been a grade 1 golfer for over 20 years and I have only used cavity backed clubs, so they can't be all bad. You seem to have a type of inverted snobbery where if you don't use blades then somehow you don't know the game properly. I will leave it at that as your other replies in this thread are not worthy of further discussion.

RSS