Forums

Help › Forums

solution for quitters...

Wed, Dec 30 2009 4:19 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 10:03 AM

Here's what to do:  Make it so if a player quits a game, it will be saved and that player must finish that round before he can begin any other round.  That way all scores will be posted, as it should be, and scoring averages will be accurate. ( practice rounds excluded)

Just a thought...If we played with hadicaps, it would do no good to post only low scores. YOU'DE NEVER WIN!!   LOL

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 10:09 AM

Yes, what you are saying is part of the solution. WGT will be implementing reputation tracking to deal with this issue, and what you are saying is no. 2 on my list of 3 key suggestions to ensure reputation tracking works 100% fairly for all players at all times.

• JoelWhite
    101 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 10:49 AM

I've thought along the same lines, dchallenger. My biggest problem with quitters is, making the game freeze after they disconnect, a problem I've noticed in the last month of so. Before, when a player quit, we could continue, but now it seems a disconnect equals game freeze.

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 2:50 AM

Hi JoelWhite,

another player once told me that if somebody quit the game utilizing the menu option to quit, game "freezing" is less likely than if they were to simply close the window.

• JoelWhite
    101 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 8:09 AM

dchallenger...I think, in theory, that's the proper way to quit a game, but I've seen the game freeze after a player announces his leaving and supposedly used the quit option. Again, I didn't have this problem with the game freezing a month or so ago...now it seems every time a player quits, the game freezes. Hopefully, the non-Beta version can address this problem. Thanks for the reply :)

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 8:24 AM

lol

so this is what you guys are saying. Finish every game so you have a "true" average. First of all its no one's business, but your own how many games you complete.

Reputation tracking in some ways is invasion of privacy.

Furthermore, if you guys have ever heard of something called "lag" its also on top of  the "Top 100 reasons why people quit games list".

Just play with friends and you'll be ok, or ask fatterson how to join the ladder. Thats the solution, not forcing people to finish games. Some of you guys take this way too serious. Remember at the end of the day regardless of how many games you quit its only a "game"

• rkix351
    26 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 9:50 AM

I have played with a group, and if 1 player doesn't respond to the time alotted and doesn't disconnect all the other players in that group suffer, I think after a 2 stroke penalty, that player should be booted as not to hold all the other players in that group up! That's also a main reason why players just quit!

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 9:55 AM

Boy, oh boy!  for somebody that doesn't take this seriously you seem to know ALOT more about this than I do.  What I'm talking about is integrity, honesty, sincerity and sportsmanship.  Elements that makes golf, GOLF!  I'm sure this website strives to make this as realistic as possible, and, God Bless them, do a pretty good job but, unfortunately, they can't control who "hops the fence" to knock a few balls around .  Yeah, to you its just a game.  To me, its replaced what i can no longer do for real. I wish I could replace the philosophy and grace of the game as well.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 10:00 AM

If you don't like quitters, you have 2 choices.

1) Join the ladder website

or

2) Play all your MP games with friends

I've played hundreds of random MP games, and people with all sorts of averages, from good to bad, have quit.

I've had one person tell me "I hope you're not going to quit and waste my time!", only to see that person quit 3 holes later after a 4 putt hole.

So, as far as I can tell, quitters can also be the very same people that complain about quitters !   lol

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 11:06 AM

lol

me take this game serious? i think not. just ask anyone who plays me regualary. im just here to have a good time, if someone quits big deal its just that much beneficial for my meter.

As for the "integrity" part of the game i agree with you, but you cant expect much out of a stranger. Their is some great people on here dont get me wrong, but not everyone shares those same views.

Point of the matter is no matter how many threads people write up on quitting its not gonna solve anything. That should be obvious by now. Just search "quitters" over there ------>

If you really wanna see hell then let wgt do what you are proposing and make finishing each game mandatory. That would really PO a few people.

And im about 110% positive there isnt a single soul on this network who hasnt quit a game. Its just a part of the game. Just hit the ball and be happy

:)

• PAGES
RSS