Forums

Help › Forums

Yorkshire County Golf Club

Tue, Feb 21 2012 9:02 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AndyAEllis
    1,761 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2011 7:57 AM

The Yorkshire County Golf Club is looking for new members (Amatuer and above) - people who want to play the tournaments, get involved and have fun along the way. All we ask is that you play fair and play at least once per month.

There are always 20 tournaments on the go (10 premium and 10 free) inter-club tournaments regularly and Club Championships plus 'tier' based tournies so everyone gets to win something.

Look us up!

Andy

• corbyph
    151 Posts
    Sun, Dec 11 2011 10:41 AM

Andy I am lookin to join a CC and have just sent a membership request from the country club page.  I then saw this post so sorry if you would have rather had the request as a reply to your post.

Phil

• AMVeller
    211 Posts
    Tue, Jan 3 2012 4:41 PM

BEWARE! Andy the club president will kick you out of the club if you do well in his tournaments!! He did it to me, he is a control freak and will send you tasteless e-mails using foul language..STAY AWAY FROM The Yorkshire County Golf Club!!!

• ABeerPlease
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jan 6 2012 12:25 PM

Only if it's a south yorkshire club!

• AndyAEllis
    1,761 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 7:21 AM

AM Veller was kicked out of the club for persistently breaking the rules; playing tier tournaments below his rank (effectively cheating), since which time has has waged a personal war against me and the club. The man is a moron who has no sense of fair-play and if anyone has any sense at all, they'll stay well away.

Any club, that has had over 200 members for 18 months (since I started it) must be doing something right but please don't take my word for it; message any member you like and ask them what they think.

I complained to WGT about the slanderous personal messages on his home page - their advice -do nothing, which is what they did! A complete joke.

• AMVeller
    211 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 11:53 AM

So he claims to have a well ran country club on WGT yet slanders the site itself. These are all lies! I played in a tour pro tourney and became a master during that tourney, for this he sent me this e-mail- ( If you do not play by the rules of this club, you will be kicked out! This is your first and last warning, if you want to cheat leave) I do have to say I was offended by this e-mail considering I did not cheat or do anything intentionally. I am a grown man and do not lower myself to name calling and bickering, I just like to play golf, and if this sounds like you join the B-I-R-D-I-E-S- DEN.

Calling me a moron...real classy 

• AndyAEllis
    1,761 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 5:55 PM

The truth often bites deep - you can look up moron in the dictionary - it's a book full of word meanings.

Truth is, any site that allows people to publish lies, (as you have repeatedly done) isn't what I'd call well run. And if you read what I wrote, and take a few minutes to understandit, I criticised their lack of a reasoned response; not the site. You cheat - you get a warning - you cheat again - you're gone. Simple club rules.

Go ahead, tell everyone what you published on your own page; see how much support you get then. I told you once - you start this I'll finish it.

And I'll repeat, no one has to take my word for anything - they can ask other members. You can't say that because you know you'll get no backing.

• AMVeller
    211 Posts
    Mon, Feb 20 2012 11:12 PM

Again wow! grow up and act your age, this is a golf site not the Jerry Springer show. Good day to you sir

• dfDurbs
    1,061 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 12:58 AM

AMVeller:
    grow up and act your age

I suggest you take your own advice and move on to somewhere else.

This CC is well run, rules are simple, but maybe not simple enough for you.

It is the 1st club I joined and have no reason to look anywhere else.

Fellow club members who have been in other clubs, consistently say this is the best run CC they have been in.

I support our Captain wholeheartedly.

Now go away and pester some other club

• dragonslayer1945
    595 Posts
    Tue, Feb 21 2012 1:26 AM

if you cheat you deserve to be kicked out i hate cheats myself   this club is run by

a well upstanding man and all the yorkshire golf club members will back him up

so go away and cheat somewhere else you horrible little man . i wiil support the

capatain in every way i can .          so up yours

• PAGES
RSS