Forums

Help › Forums

Ready Go Kiawah

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 29 2009 4:38 PM (7 replies)
  • batorthopa
    13 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 8:04 PM
    Just paid to play ready go Kiawah front nine. Low wind / very fast greens. Was worst round ever. Greens didn't even follow its own parameters. Approach shots wouldn't roll but putts would go 5-6 feet farther than expected. Have not had chance to play very fast greens before. Don't think I will pay to play them again. Was very disappointing and frustrating.
  • jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 8:15 PM
    you had a bad round get over it
  • KatieJ
    43 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2009 4:29 AM
    You PAID to play here??? You got screwed,,,that course sucks as do most of the pay courses here...learn from your mistake
  • batorthopa
    13 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2009 3:28 PM

I will.

• batorthopa
    13 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2009 3:33 PM

BS. Nowhere else I can find are there very fast greens except in this pay touney. If I had a chance to putt on them before paying for it and played bad then bad on me but to set it up that way and not be able to practice it first sucks on the guys who set it up.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2009 3:42 PM

On the website it says Green Speed: Very Fast in the box on the right side of the ready-go list.  Every single ready-go on Kiawah's Front 9 is Very Fast.  Every single Back 9 on Kiawah is Standard. I recommend signing up through the website and not the game client so you can see the conditions ahead of time.

The reason you don't see Very Fast often is because you are a Pro.  Lower tiers generally play easier settings in tiered tournaments and higher tiers play harder settings.  Ready-Go's are not tiered tournaments, so everyone plays the same conditions.

You have the ability to practice on any green speed you want including Very Fast by playing a practice round.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2009 7:45 PM

Hi Bat,

Just had a look at your stats ( Pro and rating 66 ) - not to shabby at all - and you've never played on fast greens ??? Hmmm ???  Please do not take any offense to this, however IMO its not a good idea to progress at that rate and not be able to handle all conditions.  The conditions have caught you out, you've had a bad round - everybody does - thats golf. No offence meant -  I am just trying to help.

When you get to master tier you play amongst the big boys and I can assure you, you will not enjoy it. 40+ ranked rounds is not enough to master this game. The elite on this site have played hundreds if not thousands of ranked rounds and the same in practice - thats why they are so good. They can play in all the conditions, on any course.

Your stats are actually better than mine in fact, and I've been playing on this site for over 18 months. Yeh - I'm no young gun I'm afraid, however I do spend lots of time on the practice fairways, trying to play "ALL" conditions - and thats the key here. I enjoy it to, comfortable in the knowledge that I can play to my rating in "the majority of conditions" - most of the time :-) With the occasional bad rounds thrown in, as is bound to happen.

As Nivlac mentioned in his post, hit the practice fairways and get playing on those fast greens, and to those difficult pin placements - you'll need to, to progress and do well at the top level.

Happy New Year to you, and I hope you get the hang of the greens soon (it shouldnt take you long).

All the best 

Doug

• batorthopa
    13 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 4:38 PM
    Thanks for the tips. I was not aware that you could change practice round difficulties. I will try it. Happy New Year to you.
RSS