Sun, Apr 14 2024 2:02 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • WGTNico
    619 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2024 8:41 AM

Hey everyone, 

For anyone facing this error.

I got an update from our server people:

This appears to impact players using Spectrum and Comcast as their Internet provider. Specifically, the ISP has security feature that is blocking the WGT media urls. Spectrum Security Shield and Comcast xFi Advanced Security are the products. Typically enabled by default on the ISP provided routers.

We put in a unblock request for both ISP and are awaiting a response.

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2024 8:46 AM

I have Spectrum and have been unable to play. Used a VPN last night to keep my streak going. Deleted the VPN today and tried opening the game using just my normal Spectrum internet and  it is working again just fine.

• ScottHope
    10,096 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2024 8:47 AM

Thank you Nico.  ; )

• dflyle
    13 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2024 9:01 AM

It's still happening, how long with this take to fix, and can you suggest any type of a workaround?

• Taudien
    50 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2024 9:03 AM

Thanks for the update. hope you can get them to make adjustments soon
    What will happen will happen to our days played? I had just hit 350 days consecutive days and would hate to start over.

• AlaskanDame
    18,980 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2024 10:39 AM

I have Spectrum, and I have not had this glitch, so I’m not sure you’ve found the problem, Nico.

AKD

• BingoBen
    525 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2024 10:47 AM

I'm in Arizona (Phoenix)  Cox communication is my provider... Issue continues and have not seen any expected date when the issue is resolved.  Obviously, I can sign into WGT but the app does not allow you to open -- just as outlined above.  Don't see WGT giving any information and only a few have info on a upcoming resolution.  Thanks to those who are trying to obtain further information.  

• craig99900
    107 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2024 11:00 AM

Still getting this error for 2 straight days. No clash for me as i use comcast. Hope you can fix or I guess after years ill be done with this game.

Good Luck

• Razzer40
    1 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2024 11:11 AM

AlaskanDame:

I have Spectrum, and I have not had this glitch, so I’m not sure you’ve found the problem, Nico.

AKD

I have spectrum and I am having this problem.

• tipsyiam
    5 Posts
    Fri, Apr 12 2024 11:45 AM

Yes, the problem was with Spectrum & Comcast...and wgt's request to unblock worked...BUT, ye have to reboot ye router & modem. 

Once ye reboot them, ye should get back in!

• PAGES
RSS