Forums

Help › Forums

Hacks well above their station.

Fri, Mar 22 2024 6:51 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • MattyNic0
    28 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2024 8:28 AM

Anyone else noticed the amount of hacks playing who seem to be as experienced as legends and above ?   I keep coming across hacks (and amateur's) in the diamond III coin games who appear to be far better than one would think.   I suspect good players are getting bored and starting over with a new account.

One of the giveaways is that they have all the equipment,  , Billy Bigballs driver, high spin irons and expensive balls.  Are people really that sad. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2024 2:28 PM

I encounter at least one or two players who fit into your description every time I play in coin rooms during that thirty-minute apparel box sponsorship time.

I've reported countless times all sorts of sorry-a88 losers including these multis to CS only to see them come back a week later. Now I just laugh away, play as hard as I can to win and move on.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Mon, Mar 18 2024 7:07 PM

MattyNic0:

Anyone else noticed the amount of hacks playing who seem to be as experienced as legends and above ?   I keep coming across hacks (and amateur's) in the diamond III coin games who appear to be far better than one would think.   I suspect good players are getting bored and starting over with a new account.

One of the giveaways is that they have all the equipment,  , Billy Bigballs driver, high spin irons and expensive balls.  Are people really that sad. 

I'm not sure this is "sad".  I can understand folks getting bored with most any game and starting over. As long as they aren't using this as a way to sandbag and be enriched. I don't see a problem with it.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2024 10:49 AM

can only be a hack until level 20 i think. that takes maybe a day or two of playing. if they win a ready go they get ramped up immediately. 

it's just not a concern. 

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2024 1:01 PM

Mythanatos:

can only be a hack until level 20 i think. that takes maybe a day or two of playing. if they win a ready go they get ramped up immediately. 

it's just not a concern. 

I was going to post basically the same thing this morning but ran out of time searching for the details.  I'm pretty sure I've read that regardless of Avg or Rk Rds you get tiered up from Hack to Amateur and then again from Amateur to Pro just by reaching certain levels.  So the guy saying he's running into countless Hacks and Amateurs who have the "best equipment" seems to be stretching the truth just a tad.

• MattyNic0
    28 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2024 2:34 PM

That guy would be me and I'm not stretching anything.   It's happening all too regularly to just be coincidence.   

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Tue, Mar 19 2024 7:25 PM

MattyNic0:

That guy would be me and I'm not stretching anything.   It's happening all too regularly to just be coincidence.   

So yo are regularly meeting up against Hacks and Amateurs with L102 driver and L97/100 irons?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2024 12:19 AM

BlackBogey:
    So yo are regularly meeting up against Hacks and Amateurs with L102 driver and L97/100 irons?

Probably he meant more like he's regularly meeting up against low-tier players such as "hacks or amateurs who seem to be as experienced as legends & above and appear to be far better than one would think".

I'm pretty sure since that is my case. You can "smell & feel' by the way they play. No doubt they're multi-accounters.

• BlackBogey
    276 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2024 8:16 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

BlackBogey:

Probably he meant more like he's regularly meeting up against low-tier players such as "hacks or amateurs who seem to be as experienced as legends & above and appear to be far better than one would think".

I'm pretty sure since that is my case. You can "smell & feel' by the way they play. No doubt they're multi-accounters.

I get that part Simon.  The part I didn't agree with was that "they have all the best equipment" as a Hack or Amateur.  I don't care if they have 100 accounts, they still can't get "the best equipment" on any of those accounts until they reach a level far above what a Hack or Amateur could achieve.  Now I'll grant that once you've played a while and worked your way up, you'll have a better knowledge of how to play and what clubs to by at certain levels, but that still won't circumvent the level restrictions.

I'm unsure if they've done away with it, but I have read posts somewhere on here that you will Tier up simply by playing a certain number of games, regardless of Avg (at the lowest 2 levels at least).  The OP seems to be talking about coin rooms since he says "diamond III coin games".  (To be honest, I don't even know what that means.  I know you get put into different divisions - Diamond I, II, III, Platinum I, II, III, etc..., but thought that was based on coin earnings, not what rooms you played in?).  But to my point, if the multi-accounters are playing coin games to Level up for better equipment while trying to avoid RR/Tier advancement,  the system will catch up to them and Tier them up past Amateur (unless they are not winning any coin games, which would seem to defeat the purpose of "sandbagging" in the first place 🤷‍♂️). 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Wed, Mar 20 2024 8:40 AM

I see and agree with you 100%, BB. 👍🏻

• PAGES
RSS