Forums

Help › Forums

Equipment advice L60

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 11 2024 11:12 PM (8 replies)
  • Dinokr7
    3 Posts
    Fri, Mar 8 2024 5:31 PM

Hi everyone, have been enjoying this game for a couple of months now and having now reached level 60 I’m looking to upgrade equipment.

I’m using L33 Callaway balls and the starter putter still feels good, every time I’ve rented another putter it’s just not the same for me.l, so might stick with those.

So looking to spend up to around 3000c and was hoping for advice from someone a little wiser and more experienced than me! Wedges, irons or anything else.

Thanks for a great community.

• GreenLaser
    176 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2024 6:59 PM

First purchase should be the L59 Ping irons.  It's the first good set of irons available with high trajectory. It also has a long enough 3-iron that you can drop the hybrid and use three wedges.

After that, depending on how many credits you can spend and what your plans are for future upgrades, I'd suggest starting to buy some high spin wedges (64°, 60°, & 56°).  I don't know how definite your 3000 credit spending limit is, but the L52 64° MAX Spin wedge is a very nice wedge. That one combined with the L59 Ping irons would put you at 3420 credits.  IMO, the MAX Spin wedges are the best fairly inexpensive wedges available before the more expensive level 70's and 80 Titleist Vokey wedges.

I think your driver is okay for now.  You'll be moved to longer tees when you reach Master, so you might want to be starting to think about a driver upgrade. The L69 is good for the credits. The L55 is very good but expensive.

Actually, you caught me in a generous mood. I'll gift you the L52 MAX Spin wedge, and you can use your credits for other things.  Check your inbox.

• Dinokr7
    3 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2024 11:13 PM
    Hey mate, thanks so much for your advice and blew me away with the gift of the wedge, you are awesome! I was thinking the wedges need the upgrade more than anything so you’ve pushed me along really well with that. Will look at the other 2 wedges now and probably the iron set, Cheers, Dino.
  • Dinokr7
    3 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2024 11:13 PM
    @GreenLaser Hey mate, thanks so much for your advice and blew me away with the gift of the wedge, you are awesome! I was thinking the wedges need the upgrade more than anything so you’ve pushed me along really well with that. Will look at the other 2 wedges now and probably the iron set, Cheers, Dino.
  • SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Sun, Mar 10 2024 11:18 PM

GreenLaser:

First purchase should be the L59 Ping irons.  It's the first good set of irons available with high trajectory. It also has a long enough 3-iron that you can drop the hybrid and use three wedges.

After that, depending on how many credits you can spend and what your plans are for future upgrades, I'd suggest starting to buy some high spin wedges (64°, 60°, & 56°).

+1 on the L59 Ping irons.  After that, you should work on completing the set of Max Spin wedges (60° & 56°).

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2024 9:09 AM

@Dinokr7 

Absolutely agree with the advice on L59 Ping Irons. They won't disappoint.

I also agree with Sam that you need to complete your set of wedges. Drop the hybrid and pick up the 64-degree wedge. 

And you're correct to hold off on purchasing a putter. In my opinion, the first putter players should look at is the Level 70 putter. The reason is one gets a lot more "bank for their buck" by upgrading the rest of their equipment first. 

The best way to improve one's putting is to have a good driver, irons and wedges. 

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2024 9:39 AM

Robert1893:
    Absolutely agree with the advice on L59 Ping Irons. They won't disappoint.

Aren't they just repackaged G10's

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2024 10:02 AM

borntobesting:
    Aren't they just repackaged G10's

G10, G25, i500... 😀

They simply change the branding and increase the price. 

This is the way.

• GreenLaser
    176 Posts
    Mon, Mar 11 2024 11:12 PM

Dinokr7:
    I was thinking the wedges need the upgrade more than anything so you’ve pushed me along really well with that. Will look at the other 2 wedges now and probably the iron set, Cheers, Dino.

Definitely get the L59 irons. That's an eight clubs upgrade.  It's a good set of irons and will let you dump the hybrid and equip all three of your new wedges.

RSS