Help › Forums

Showdown Rush - WGT WTF - Ended in 6 hours

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 26 2024 3:24 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jacktrade51
    10,913 Posts
    Mon, Jan 15 2024 3:25 PM

I started the Showdown around 5:48 US Eastern.

Played 6 holes.  Started the last 3 holes around 6:15 US Eastern.  Per usual Showdown rules, I have more than 17 hours to play.

At 6:15 US Eastern, in 10 seconds on 7th hole before I tee off (1st two 3 hole matches were completed), I get message that Showdown first round has ended.  I get DQ'd from last round not to mention 3 bogeys.

WGT owes me 100 credits at a minimum for the entry fee.  Cost of use of balls for nothing, waste of my time, and an public apology come to mind.  And same to everyone else that got screwed. That comes to 2 free balls of whatever we were using.

Minimum.

Tom (owner of Black Diamond GC).

• jacktrade51
    10,913 Posts
    Mon, Jan 15 2024 4:57 PM

And they are still taking entries into tournament.

So I filed official complaints  

At a bare minimum, WGT owes me 100 credit entry fee, 2 level 81 TaylorMade balls, and a public apology.
    I have no doubt others with screwed, so they are all owed it too.
    Tom.
  • BlackBogey
    281 Posts
    Mon, Jan 15 2024 7:20 PM

jacktrade51:

And they are still taking entries into tournament.

So I filed official complaints  

At a bare minimum, WGT owes me 100 credit entry fee, 2 level 81 TaylorMade balls, and a public apology.
    I have no doubt others with screwed, so they are all owed it too.
    Tom.

So you played 6 holes (lets say 12 shots if no par 3s, which I doubt) and they owe you 2 120/hit balls?  I get it that you're frustrated, but come on man.

• jacktrade51
    10,913 Posts
    Mon, Jan 15 2024 7:29 PM

I like Labs and you are obviously dumber than yours.

So to be clear...

I spent 100 credits to enter a WGT 3 hole 3 round tournament and was disqualified on the 7th hole inside of 10 seconds on 1st though 18 hours left'd. I also played 6 full holes and teed of on 7th when I was dq'd.  You obviously cannot read.

If you believe your dumb stuff, give me the 100 credits & 2 balls.

If you don't, get out of the way and let WGT answer for themselves.

Tom

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Mon, Jan 15 2024 11:25 PM

jacktrade51:

I like Labs and you are obviously dumber than yours.

So to be clear...

I spent 100 credits to enter a WGT 3 hole 3 round tournament and was disqualified on the 7th hole inside of 10 seconds on 1st though 18 hours left'd. I also played 6 full holes and teed of on 7th when I was dq'd.  You obviously cannot read.

If you believe your dumb stuff, give me the 100 credits & 2 balls.

If you don't, get out of the way and let WGT answer for themselves.

Tom

Not your best day, huh?

Just to clarify, the 100 cr is for your entry fee, the public apology is for your emotional pain and suffering and the extra 227 hits (2 balls minus the 13 hits you took) is for your lost 20 minutes?

Just trying to set the record straight, so nobody else misunderstands you like Jay did. It'll hopefully prevent the need to hurl insults at anyone else... 

• Imahacker58
    366 Posts
    Mon, Jan 15 2024 11:35 PM

Seriously sir, you have been playing this game for many years and are currently listed as the owner of a highly regarded country club and your grievances though genuine are just not worth the aggravation. The previous respondent to your post was merely replying,which is anyone’s right on these public forums, by questioning your reasoning as to your claims regarding your loss. We have all been there whilst playing showdowns and the only response by wgt is to reimburse your entry fee. Just send an email to customer services or message wgtnico on discord and it will be done. If that isn’t satisfactory I’d be happy to send you a sleeve of your preferred ball, but please try to be civil in your replies on these forums. Remember, it’s just a game, let’s have some fun, Stuart.

• BlackBogey
    281 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2024 5:13 AM

Not going to stoop to the name calling and derogatory language because maybe I am just dumb in this matter, but you state yourself that you played 6 holes and teed off on 7?  Assuming an AVERAGE of 2 strokes per hole (2 par 3s = 2 hits, 2 par 4s = 4 hits, 2 par 5s = 6 hits)plus a drive on 7 would equal 13 ticks off your durability meter provided you didn't miss a green or hit a par 5 in 2.  Since your L81 TM has about 120 hits per ball, you used about 10% of one ball.  So provided WGT refunds your $1 entry fee (which they likely will once they are back in the office) why do you feel entitled to 2 free balls?  The Christmas giveaway was a few weeks ago, sorry you missed it.

Also, if they gave you 3 bogies then they didn't disqualify you.  Your game may have timed out if the other player forfeited incorrectly (well documented Showdown Bogey Glitch), which has happened to lots of folks.  Or it could've just been you expended your shot clock too many times.  Either way, as Imahacker pointed out they will likely refund your $1 entry fee.

And "left'd"?  But I'm the dumb one? 

• jacktrade51
    10,913 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2024 6:42 AM

I apologize for calling you dumb in forum. I should not have posted that but I was really pissed at the time.  Sorry for that.  That said ...

1. "left'd" was a typo, should have been "left". We have all had typos in forums.

2. I was dq'd with 3 holes unfinished.  WGT gives a player an automatic bogey in Showdowns for all unfinished holes so when I got dq'd, 3 bogeys were automatic.  I should have also asked for automatic promotion into 2nd round of Showdown (which starts in 2 hours), but I know they will say they cannot do that.

3. Your ball usage calculations were close, but I also lost a ball on a par 5 when I got greedy with the drive.  I still ended with with a par on the hole.  I also had the opportunity to recover and still qualify for next round, which I do 98% of the time. But that opportunity was denied.  So WGT is on the hook for that ball too.  

4. I know about the stalling issues in coin games but I doubt that applies here.  The message I received on the computer was very clear.  It said "Qualifying round has ended".  But there was nearly 18 hours to go.  The other player had not taken a shot.  IF THE OPPONENT CAN PRODUCE THAT RESULT, THEN WGT NEEDS TO RE-THINK AND FIX THEIR COIN GAME PROGRAMMING, and shut down coin games until they do.

In the last clash 9-10 days ago, WGT ran a Turf War simultaneously with the Clash for our club.  That is strictly against stated WGT policy which states Turf Wars are suspended during Clashes.  We were 1 hour into the Turf War and we have had them suspended in progress previously.  Black Diamond GC received 1 superpass (and an apology) for their mistake and our trouble.  These dumb programming mistakes cannot keep happening.

WGT's quality control has gone down the tubes, and there should be penalties for their mistakes.

Tom.

• BlackBogey
    281 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2024 10:59 AM

No hard feelings Tom.  I'm sorry you had a bad experience in this one.  I had the bogey glitch happen to me on the last one, also on the last set of 3, and cost me a few higher spots in the final round, so I feel your frustration (I was playing like crap that day and wasn't going to place very high anyway, so really only cost me a few worthless coins so I didn't even bother to report it).  

That said, I still don't see how they are on the hook for your ball hits and the one you lost, but we can agree to disagree on that one, LOL.

The biggest problem I see with the Showdowns is that they take place in the regular coin rooms, so you inevitably get matched up with someone well below your level (who isn't even in the Showdown themselves many times) and they get upset at losing and just close down the app leaving you sitting there spinning.  If you aren't fast enough to close and re-open the app yourself, you get a timeout.  If you've already had a timeout that automatically disqualifies you for the rest of that 3 hole set giving you the bogeys the remaining holes, through no fault of your own. 

In my opinion they would be better off doing away with the "Expert" division altogether.  I would love to know the % of players who actually play in that division?  This is not a dig at you, but you are Tour Champ with a 52.88avg and you don't even play in it, and I don't blame you for not wanting to put up 1000 credits with all the glitching issues.  Then they could just have 2 dedicated Showdown rooms (call them "Amateur" and "Pro" or whatever you want) that are for Showdown players only.  That alone would cut down on the quitters immensely.  You could argue about how to structure it - certain Tiers or Levels are only eligible for one room, the rest go in the other?  Heck, even keep it the same way it is now where you can play in whatever one you choose to buy into for all I care, but bottom line is until they weed out the quitters in the lower rooms you are going to have issues. 

Rant over, lol.  Enjoy the rest of your day!

• AlaskanDame
    18,988 Posts
    Tue, Jan 16 2024 10:45 PM

I just figured Tom wanted 2 balls because he’d have been likely to win 2 by placing in the top 15 in the finals, if he had been allowed to finish his round.

The timer being wrong is a weird glitch I’ve not heard of before.  Ouch.

Have to agree heartily that there should be coin rooms for Showdowns that only contain Showdown entrants.  Today, second round, I played a Master, a TP, and a Hack (lvl 14).  Only the Master had any Showdown badges.  Luckily for me, they all played out their rounds so no bogey glitches, but the pairings just didn’t feel right.

How about Casablanca, Montréal, and Manhattan when there are 3 levels in the showdown?  Let newbies and other non-Showdowners have Paris.

• PAGES
RSS