Forums

Help › Forums

If you were to buy one thing?

Thu, Jan 14 2010 5:22 AM (77 replies)
  • badtigger
    163 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 12:03 PM

note complaining this time, But I need to know if anyone can  tell me how to gift, the balls and clubs to someone, I'm not sure how or if you can

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 12:11 PM

badtigger:

note complaining this time, But I need to know if anyone can  tell me how to gift, the balls and clubs to someone, I'm not sure how or if you can

http://www.wgt.com/help.aspx#gifting

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 12:13 PM

+ with the Spider..you get BEASTED a lot. Redwood is the way!

No one has talked much about the benefits of having a good 64 degree wedge..

It might be the second most important club to purchase for helping one advance. I would buy a good putter first. Driver or 64? Hmmmm good question there.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 12:20 PM

Without a driver your 64 will be your 3rd shot instead of second.

• badtigger
    163 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 12:27 PM

thank you very much, marioh,,  And have a very merry x-mas and a happy new year!!!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 12:27 PM

Faterson:
    I beg to differ there. I played extensively with both, and I thought the Spider's slower meter outweighed the benefits offered by Anser.

We're talking accuracy here, not meter. The Anser is more precise and has the same meter speed as the Redwood. Makes sense to start with the Anser and graduate to the Redwood when you can. You will already know the meter vs. having to learn how to putt with a faster meter.

YJ

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 12:31 PM

Good point YJ..watching a lot of amateurs play, they miss a lot of greens. That's why im thinking 64.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 12:35 PM

I will vouch for the 64w-it really helps the very short game from 55 yds in. Flops, chips become really useful with it because it goes so high and doesn't roll out. Full swings from greenside traps are very easy to map. 

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 12:52 PM

I got a nice replay titled "blind luck" you'll see why,if you want to see what a 64 degree wedge flop shot looks like?  It is a must have club for me.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 2:27 PM

YankeeJim:
    We're talking accuracy here, not meter.

I'm not. I'm talking about the overall value of a putter, and that of the Spider seems definitely higher to me than that of the Anser. I wouldn't recommend the purchase of Anser to anyone now that the Redwood is available – not even to Amateur or Hack players (for whom a slower-meter putter definitely seems more suitable).

RSS