Forums

Help › Forums

WHY do people quit after a bad shot or two..

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 20 2011 4:24 AM (26 replies)
  • hunter61073
    8 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2011 7:47 AM

I hate it when you start a game, andyou get the people who quit after a few bad shots. If you can't handle the games up n downs... don't join a game... just play with yourself! .... Just venting...lol

• TheTigerEye
    259 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2011 11:11 AM

I agree. Quitting stats on profiles could be nice :)

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Wed, Nov 30 2011 8:07 PM

• PRBBLUFF
    91 Posts
    Wed, Dec 14 2011 9:06 PM

Because they are drunk and don't really care.

• jcw7766
    22 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 1:12 AM

Vent for me too!

I lost XP for 14 consecutive days played because Lenny1971 forfeited the game on the 2nd hole. He missed a birdie on the 1st hole and we halved the hole. The 2nd hole I left him a tough birdie and we were going to go one down, big deal, plenty of game left. He quits, we go back to the lobby and before the countdown clock can even get to 4 mins he forfeits the game. And this all happened on the 2nd game he was involved in with me in a 12 hour period. Fortunately the first game he was on the opposite team so I at least got a win for that one.

I'm sick of wasting my time and my money on a bunch of losers. I think I'm going to start a blog on my wall with a list of quitters. Sometimes you can't tell if it was the player or a WGT problem but when they forfeit the game themselves it's pretty obvious they quit.

WGT really needs to come up with a way for us to know who the quitters are before we start playing a game.

I would also like a way to block players without them having to be on my friend's list first. If there is a way to do this already please let me know but I can't find one

• Bidi
    1,948 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 3:09 AM

BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT GOLFERS!!!!

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 9:11 AM

jcw7766:
    WGT really needs to come up with a way for us to know who the quitters are before we start playing a game.

From my experience, at least 8 out of 10 are quitters at one time or another, so if you want a list do as I say. When you start the game just say to yourself ",myself, at least one of these people in this foursome is a quitter. It is not me, so the chance of this game going to a peaceful conclusion is about 20%"  NOW, wgt does not have to make a list, you have the list

• jcw7766
    22 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 9:21 AM

That's not a solution. I've played all night long with no one quitting. And then yesterday I won 4 games in a row in less than an a hour without finishing. One of those wins without ever hitting a ball due to either someone quitting or something else. Maybe their computer crashed, maybe their Internet went down, or maybe it was a WGT problem. No way to tell since they didn't forfeit, they just disappeared and I had to wait on the clock to count down.

Oh and your math is wrong. If one of 4 players will quit that means you have a 25% chance of not finishing a game and a 75% chance of finishing it, not a 20% chance of finishing it. And right now to be honest I think it's 50/50 on whether you will finish a game or not.  And that is probably being optimistic

• robdelahunty
    670 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 10:37 AM

jcw7766:
    That's not a solution.

Tis a shame WGT wont/can't activate the"Reputation" option,you see when you set up and invite players!

• jcw7766
    22 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2011 11:38 AM

robdelahunty:

Tis a shame WGT wont/can't activate the"Reputation" option,you see when you set up and invite players!

You can say that again

RSS