Forums

Help › Forums

Ultra Wide Screen

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 4 2023 9:28 AM (20 replies)
  • Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2023 1:04 PM

Thinking about making the purchase and was wondering how WGT would look on 5120 x 2160 resolution. I imagine there are quite large black bars on both sides? Like screen in a screen? Just curious before I drop a gob of cash.  Thx. 

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2023 2:01 PM

Could look like this if you maximise it...

...forum looks a bit odd though...

: )

...but of course it would make much more sense to have two or more windows side by side.

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2023 5:08 PM

Only the golf counts. You're the best!  Thanks Scott. 

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2023 1:27 AM

You're welcome Du.

I very much doubt you would be able to turn round a monitor of that size, to portrait mode, but my curiosity got the better of me...  well, at least the meter is nice and compact!

Have fun!

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2023 8:22 AM

Duphpherer:

Thinking about making the purchase and was wondering how WGT would look on 5120 x 2160 resolution. I imagine there are quite large black bars on both sides? Like screen in a screen? Just curious before I drop a gob of cash.  Thx. 

May i ask why did you pick that specific resolution for your new monitor? Are you in photography or video section?

And to respond to your question: WGT will look awful, absolutely awful. The upscaling is enormous and our primary content has such a low resolution.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2023 1:00 PM

Good point Yiannis. I just pulled up an image from Wolf Creek and the resolution was 1012 x 828. Stretching that out to five times it's width is not going to look good. But I don't think Du will be playing it fullscreen somehow, at least I hope not. 

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Tue, Nov 28 2023 1:57 PM

Then he will be needing binoculars to play 1024 x 768 on window mode on a 5K monitor.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Wed, Nov 29 2023 12:38 AM

5k monitor and WGT at 1024x768.

I have a feeling Yiannis, that the resolution options we have in the game may differ depending on your monitor resolution. Not sure on that, just a feeling.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Wed, Nov 29 2023 4:59 AM

ScottHope:

5k monitor and WGT at 1024x768.

I have a feeling Yiannis, that the resolution options we have in the game may differ depending on your monitor resolution. Not sure on that, just a feeling.

No, Scott. Game's resolution are fixed. If you keep the aspect ratio (in window mode) from your GPU, everything will be shown to its native resolution and AR.

For me is an enormous mistake to spend money on such a monitor in order to play WGT. Believe it or not, the best way to play WGT is a 19'' CRT at 60 Hz monitor with native resolution 1024 x 768. I know it sounds crazy on an OLED monitor era (there are still very expensive and they have some issues), but unless WGT decides to upgrade the native content, buying a 5K monitor is a waste of money.

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Wed, Nov 29 2023 12:47 PM

Yiannis1970:
    No, Scott. Game's resolution are fixed. If you keep the aspect ratio (in window mode) from your GPU, everything will be shown to its native resolution and AR.

Okay. Can I ask you then what the resolution of your monitor is and also the resolution options that are availble in the game settings for you?

Yiannis1970:
    For me is an enormous mistake to spend money on such a monitor in order to play WGT.

Oh I agree. But surely Du will use that magnificent beast for everything!

RSS