Forums

Help › Forums

how to restart when game freezes without loosen your game?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 30 2024 1:19 PM (7 replies)
  • golfingben70
    16 Posts
    Sun, Nov 19 2023 8:18 AM

Game freezes often lately when putting < 2 ft. You can't get out and loose your game.

How to get out and restart without loosing the game?

• WGTNico
    622 Posts
    Mon, Nov 20 2023 10:04 AM

Thanks for the report, I've relayed it over internally and we're looking into the issue. We are currently working on performance improvements for the next release and hope this will help with these!

• JakeMTN
    2 Posts
    Wed, Nov 22 2023 10:46 AM

Adding to this - The game freezes when the FIRST to finish takes a gimmi put. If they manually put the ball everything is fine, but if they take the gimmi it lags the whole crew out.

• Eddymeboy
    6 Posts
    Thu, Nov 23 2023 8:53 AM

If you " disconnect", close the browser / window then restart WGT right away it will reload the saved game. I think there is a limit to the number of times you can disconnect. 

• mockney9990
    4 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2023 9:07 PM

I have found that if I am using my PC and it freezes, I log in with my phone and it automatically moves to the reconnect screen. Close the app on your phone and your good to go. if you don't close the app on your phone you can still lose the game which happened to me in the latest showdown.... annoying.

• clubhousejoe
    3 Posts
    Sat, Jan 27 2024 6:35 AM

But my question is I have had players reconnect and have been able to finish.  I was never shown how to do this.  Will someone please take a moment and tell me how to reconnect with the game if I have a frozen game. 

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Tue, Jan 30 2024 12:05 PM

clubhousejoe:
    Will someone please take a moment and tell me how to reconnect with the game if I have a frozen game.

The best way I am aware of is a "hard" or "forced" close of the game. If you are on a PC/Laptop, etc.., can right mouse click the Game Tab on the toolbar and close window. Then restart game. 

You can also hit "ALT""F4" and it will close game.

I do not know how to force close on mobile other than to go to settings and close out the app or restart mobile device.

• Cicero733
    2,296 Posts
    Tue, Jan 30 2024 1:19 PM

HamdenPro:

clubhousejoe:
    Will someone please take a moment and tell me how to reconnect with the game if I have a frozen game.

I do not know how to force close on mobile other than to go to settings and close out the app or restart mobile device.

On mobile, like an iPad, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to show all open apps; then just swipe the WGT app icon from the screen. Return to the screen on which the WGT app appears and tap the icon to restart the game.

RSS