Help › Forums

Daily Goals Problem??

rated by 0 users
Wed, Sep 6 2023 10:48 AM (24 replies)
  • callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2023 3:59 AM

sesky:
    There are only 2 daily goals and 1 weekly goal posted.

Same here. 🙄

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2023 5:31 AM

It’s always one step forward, two steps (or 3 or 4) backward.  ðŸ¤ª

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2023 9:52 AM

Maybe it was just as mistake and no one caught it because it is a holiday weekend here in the U.S.A.

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2023 12:25 PM

borntobesting:

Maybe it was just as mistake and no one caught it because it is a holiday weekend here in the U.S.A.

Labor Day holiday no less.  ðŸ˜‚

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2023 1:26 PM

I just noticed the top goal of 95 credits or what ever it is you only need 85 stars compared to the old way of 150. So, less stars needed but less daily goals.

• jacktrade51
    10,909 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2023 3:34 PM

sesky:
    Just got my newly individual goals updated for the week. There are only 2 daily goals and 1 weekly goal posted.

Ditto here, Sesky.

Plus it happened on a Saturday evening (Eastern time) on a 3 day holiday weekend, so we know nobody is at work at WGT.

Hopefully, they will figure out a way out of this mess on Tuesday.

Tom.

(PS: On the comments on the new "club" goals, I agree.  I told my club to ignore them.  We stumble into what we stumble into, but don't bother trying to earn them.  For example, we earned 250 under par at CB as a club goal, but that's only because we got CB 3 times in the club clash.)

• jacktrade51
    10,909 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2023 3:56 PM

I just noticed callaghan159's post and reviewed the new goal mile posts.

So maybe it's not a inadvertent error and just a dumb change.

By my calculations, 85 points equals 15 (the 1 weekly goal) plus 70 (10 x 7 for the 2 daily goals) exactly.  So if one misses one daily goal, one is out of the running for the 85 points. 

Under the old system, we could miss 4 daily goals.  Since I get hole out from off the green at least 3x a week (including today) and usually am lucky to collect 1 or 2 of them, I will likely be out of the running for the top prize in about an hour.

Tom.

• sesky
    3,292 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2023 4:01 PM

jacktrade51:

By my calculations, 85 points equals 15 (the 1 weekly goal) plus 70 (10 x 7 for the 2 daily goals) exactly.  So if one misses one daily goal, one is out of the running for the 85 points. 

Under the old system, we could miss 4 daily goals.  Since I get hole out from off the green at least 3x a week (including today) and usually am lucky to collect 1 or 2 of them, I will likely be out of the running for the top prize in about an hour.

Tom.

Tom, congrats! You have already figured out the flaw for this week's fix. Here is a copy of the post WGT Shamwow put out a short time ago. I think this is just going to be hopefully a one week issue:

**The team was able to correct the weekly goals issue but depending on when a player logs in for the first time this week, some players are only going to show 2 daily goals and 1 weekly goal for this week. The number of stars needed was lowered to make these rewards obtainable and this should show normally again next week. Sorry everyone! :(**

Best,
    WGTShamWow

• AlaskanDame
    18,978 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2023 4:34 PM

jacktrade51:

(PS: On the comments on the new "club" goals, I agree.  I told my club to ignore them.  We stumble into what we stumble into, but don't bother trying to earn them.  For example, we earned 250 under par at CB as a club goal, but that's only because we got CB 3 times in the club clash.)

Hey we stumbled into 400 dings for 5 stars, but only had Chambers Bay twice in the clash, I guess….so no super pass for us!  Almost no one plays CB if they don’t have to.  I think quite a few tried the new pins tourney, but didn’t buy a pass for it, which is just fine with me.

• WGTShamWow
    907 Posts
    Sun, Sep 3 2023 5:00 PM

sesky:

jacktrade51:

Tom.

Tom, congrats! You have already figured out the flaw for this week's fix. Here is a copy of the post WGT Shamwow put out a short time ago. I think this is just going to be hopefully a one week issue:

**The team was able to correct the weekly goals issue but depending on when a player logs in for the first time this week, some players are only going to show 2 daily goals and 1 weekly goal for this week. The number of stars needed was lowered to make these rewards obtainable and this should show normally again next week. Sorry everyone! :(**

Best,
    WGTShamWow

Thanks for copying this over. Yeah, it should just be a one week issue. Its technically fixed already but since these goals are generated for a player on the first login for the week, players that have already logged in wont see it until next week. 

Also, made more sense to just cut down the requirements for each reward rather than have players scramble for the first days rewards with less time. Less work for the same rewards this week.

Best,
    WGTShamWow

RSS