Forums

Help › Forums

What boring threads !!

Sun, Aug 20 2023 12:55 PM (21 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2023 7:30 AM

pmm711:
    The forum is dead…and should just be put to rest.

And what about the orgaising of community-wide tournaments by members, for instance?

There is still a place/need for this forum, just need to keep some of the crap out of it.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2023 7:32 AM

ct690911:
    As soon as a hint of robust debate is detected (even if T&C's are adhered to) the thread is deleted and the poster(s) thrown in the wgt doghouse.

What thread has gone now?  I had a thread deleted a few weeks ago for no good reason.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2023 7:53 AM

pmm711:

Colin…I can’t believe you’ve finally come to understand what I’ve been saying for a good while now.  The forum is dead…and should just be put to rest.  The same questions being asked and answered over and over and over.  A Help/FAQ on the app is all that’s needed anymore.  

Hey, by the way, do you miss Cabo & Whistler?  🤣

The province of British Columbia is experiencing the worst wildfire season in it's history. I'm worried we may lose Whistler for real...that would be a shame as it is a beautiful part of the country. 

...fingers crossed

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2023 8:24 AM

MioKontic:

ct690911:
    As soon as a hint of robust debate is detected (even if T&C's are adhered to) the thread is deleted and the poster(s) thrown in the wgt doghouse.

What thread has gone now?  I had a thread deleted a few weeks ago for no good reason.

Hi Mio;

In my rant, I am speaking more to a change in wgt attitude than any specific thread. It just seems, at least anecdotally, that every time someone has a counter-point to an opinion, the thread gets deleted.

At any rate, it's their site...so whatever.

ct

p.s.: I fully expect this thread to soon find it's way to the dustbin...lol

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2023 9:30 AM

ct690911:
    I am speaking more to a change in wgt attitude than any specific thread. It just seems, at least anecdotally, that every time someone has a counter-point to an opinion, the thread gets deleted.

I think what needs to be considered is what is a debate, including a heated debate, and what is merely baiting in order to get... something.  I don't know what that something is, it might be attention, or it might be to entice reaction, particularly negative reaction.  Then there is the kind of baiting which on the face of it seems innocent, but the passage is so full of holes that it will almost certainly entice reaction, mostly negative reaction that then escalates into a slanging match, which is definitely not needed.

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2023 10:34 AM

MioKontic:
    And what about the organising of community-wide tournaments by members, for instance?

IMHO, this is done better in Discord.  Community-wide tournaments and leagues, such as the OCGL Ladder League, Finny's World Cup, the CEverett Alt Shot Tournament, and the Maps Multi Club Vs Club are all done in Discord, and done very well, by members of the community, without the hassle and inconvenience of WGT's forum moderation policies and delays.

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2023 10:47 AM

Not every WGT member has or possibly wants Discord, but every WGT member has access to this forum.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2023 11:26 AM

MioKontic:

Not every WGT member has or possibly wants Discord, but every WGT member has access to this forum.

+ 1

I am in this ^^^ exact boat.  Also, there are those who are "technologically challenged " like myself and prefer the old school method for just about everything. I don't even own a smart phone...

alas, I am effectively intimidated by technology..(:

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2023 11:47 AM

ct690911:

MioKontic:

+ 1

I am in this ^^^ exact boat.  Also, there are those who are "technologically challenged " like myself and prefer the old school method for just about everything. I don't even own a smart phone...

alas, I am effectively intimidated by technology..(:

Same here, apart from owning a smart phone. 

• craigswan
    30,984 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2023 12:25 PM

The last time i went on discord chat the last post was 2 month's ago and the poster wrote good morning everyone .

But that's just me . I haven't got a  clue how it works .

Just people asking for a game mostly is what i see

I have a flip up phone which is pay as you go .

RSS