Forums

Help › Forums

What boring threads !!

Sun, Aug 20 2023 12:55 PM (21 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2023 8:20 AM

OMG...ever since wgt has become "woke", the threads have become tedious to read. They have had all the "colour" removed by the mods, to the point they are now vanilla white and boring as hell.

As soon as a hint of robust debate is detected (even if T&C's are adhered to) the thread is deleted and the poster(s) thrown in the wgt doghouse.

All you Americans, what happened to the 1st amendment?

'sayin

ct

• craigswan
    30,985 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2023 8:29 AM

That's what the mods were told to do .

• craigswan
    30,985 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2023 8:33 AM

Rejected Law And Order GIF

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2023 10:01 AM

My friend Robert use to partake in this forum. He is a professor and a very learned man. He referred to the forum as a "discussion board". Now,, the mods want only a question and answer format.. Anything else seems to get deleted.

...ugh

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2023 10:46 AM

ct690911:

My friend Robert use to partake in this forum. He is a professor and a very learned man. He referred to the forum as a "discussion board". Now,, the mods want only a question and answer format.. Anything else seems to get deleted.

...ugh

I miss Robert.... as well as the time the mods had a sense of humour... or, in case I'm not doing them justice, they were allowed to let things play out for as long as the conversation didn't involve threats. 

• Avinashokka
    744 Posts
    Sat, Aug 19 2023 5:39 PM

On the plus side one prolific poster who did nothing but sow misinformation and dissent has been removed from the forums. That buys them a lot of brownie points in my book.

A lot of the “robust debate” that previously existed usually stemmed from some meandering word vomit that this person had posted. 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2023 1:19 AM

ct690911:
    All you Americans, what happened to the 1st amendment?

Easy, CT, before you get pepper sprayed!

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2023 2:31 AM

Boring threads are better than the fighting/belitting some would do. Then there the ones who would post and others would post on that post of the wrong info being passed along and the name calling would start. Then there were other threads where everyone else comments/opinions were wrong. Some had to be right all the time. Then there is those that would proclaim to be the best at everything. Who wants to read all that shyte. Not me. Better things to do like watch paint dry or put some fresh air in my truck tires. Tires need fresh air.😁😂🙄

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2023 3:46 AM

callaghan159:

Boring threads are better than the fighting/belitting some would do. Then there the ones who would post and others would post on that post of the wrong info being passed along and the name calling would start. Then there were other threads where everyone else comments/opinions were wrong. Some had to be right all the time. Then there is those that would proclaim to be the best at everything. Who wants to read all that shyte. Not me. Better things to do like watch paint dry or put some fresh air in my truck tires. Tires need fresh air.😁😂🙄

Thanks to Justin destroying the economy to save the world from our 1.6 % pollution contribution, we can soon spend time waiting 40 minutes for our $50K cars to charge. Far more exciting than simply checking tire pressures..:)

• pmm711
    5,516 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2023 4:48 AM

Colin…I can’t believe you’ve finally come to understand what I’ve been saying for a good while now.  The forum is dead…and should just be put to rest.  The same questions being asked and answered over and over and over.  A Help/FAQ on the app is all that’s needed anymore.  

Hey, by the way, do you miss Cabo & Whistler?  🤣

RSS