Forums

Help › Forums

Showdowns?

Tue, Feb 27 2024 4:57 PM (91 replies)
  • PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Jun 8 2023 4:09 PM

GArmstrong8:
    Done, but I sure wish some remedy for this would be considered. This is rubbish. Surely I'm not the only person this has happened to. It started on his first shot and Continued. All. The. Way. Through. The. Round.

Wish I had an answer, It has been rare for me to run into this type- maybe twice in all the coins/showdowns I've played...I do play with fear and dread of this type because its just nerve racking to watch and kills your time for their nonsense.

I do think there are more normal or nice players than their are jerks out to ruin someone elses fun, at least we got that going for us...lol

• GArmstrong8
    1,198 Posts
    Fri, Jun 9 2023 5:51 AM

Well, he gets a minute per shot by the time it circulates back to his next shot, 10 shots on 2 holes equals roughly 20 minutes, plus the third hole was a par 5 so rack up 12 minutes for twelve shots is 32 minutes, and don't forget that I have to shoot also.  But I'm over it now so thanks.

Just remember when you get this guy in a matchup. Hopefully it isn't in a Showdown. If it wasn't, I had no reason not to forfeit and get out of it. Cheers!

• GArmstrong8
    1,198 Posts
    Fri, Jun 9 2023 5:55 AM

PureGro1:

GArmstrong8:
    Done, but I sure wish some remedy for this would be considered. This is rubbish. Surely I'm not the only person this has happened to. It started on his first shot and Continued. All. The. Way. Through. The. Round.

Wish I had an answer, It has been rare for me to run into this type- maybe twice in all the coins/showdowns I've played...I do play with fear and dread of this type because its just nerve racking to watch and kills your time for their nonsense.

I do think there are more normal or nice players than their are jerks out to ruin someone elses fun, at least we got that going for us...lol

This was my first encounter with it. (And hopefully the last)

• JuanMendoza
    469 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2023 7:50 PM

Ignore the dodgy distances, ridiculous winds, and sudden meter acceleration. Since when did this game have RNG? May as well play WOT....

• Lincswhite
    393 Posts
    Sat, Jul 1 2023 6:01 AM

Showdown Royale:

What a GREAT tourney, hope there will be many more of these in this format :-)

Well done WGT!

• Fritchy77
    4 Posts
    Mon, Feb 5 2024 1:46 PM

In a Showdown why when someone wins a hole with a long putt does it give the putt to the challenger even though it coould be a tough one.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, Feb 6 2024 1:55 AM

Fritchy77:

In a Showdown why when someone wins a hole with a long putt does it give the putt to the challenger even though it coould be a tough one.

Showdowns and coin games are stroke play, not match play. So, unless it's the final hole and the player, who sunk the putt won the overall match, you'll still need to putt. The fairest thing for the Showdown would actually be, if the losing player would need to putt out the last hole as well, but they didn't programme coin games that way. 

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Tue, Feb 6 2024 1:17 PM

AnaNikolaj:
    The fairest thing for the Showdown would actually be, if the losing player would need to putt out the last hole as well, but they didn't programme coin games that way. 

If a losing player (who was not playing in the Showdown) were forced to putt out, it's very likely that that player would just force-close the app, thus causing the Showdown Bogey Glitch or the Showdown Replay 3 Holes Glitch for the other (winning) player.  

The best thing for WGT to do would be to just move the Showdowns out of the coin rooms altogether.  Especially since they apparently don't have the talent to fix the glitches caused by the Showdowns being played in the coin rooms.

• MMOC0528
    12 Posts
    Tue, Feb 6 2024 3:34 PM

Can anyone explain why the list of players that made the cut in the 1st rd of a Showdown, is completely different from the list of players that actually show on the leaderboard for the 2nd rd of the same Showdown?  I guess it doesn't affect me at all, and I place well in these events, but I can't figure out the structure of these tourneys at all.

RSS