Forums

Help › Forums

Why should I join a country club?

Sun, Oct 30 2011 6:37 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jmehdi
    50 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 6:46 AM

What is the advantage to joining a country club? Is it purely a social thing? Are there different courses available to country clubs? I know there are tournaments within country clubs, but other than the exposure to more tournaments and the social aspect, is there any other advantage to joining?

Succinct answers are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 7:44 AM

The benefits are mainly social but many clubs also run tourneys where you can win some great prizes.  You also get to play in league, alt-shot, better-ball etc. tourneys.  If you find a good, active club it can greatly add to the WGT experience.

• ljbast
    943 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 8:08 AM

jmehdi:

What is the advantage to joining a country club? Is it purely a social thing? Are there different courses available to country clubs? I know there are tournaments within country clubs, but other than the exposure to more tournaments and the social aspect, is there any other advantage to joining?

Succinct answers are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Well, since you have zero friends, kinda looks like you don't want to be very social. A CC might not be very good for you.

I love the social aspect of this game and a good CC. I'm lucky to have met some great people from all over the world and Skyping makes it soo sweeter.

• jmehdi
    50 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 9:33 AM

Mainzman,

Thank you for answering the question. I appreciate it.

ljbast,

The question was about country clubs, not you or your opinion of me.

Succinct.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 9:46 AM

CCs are mini WGTs. Instead of 1000s of members you get to play and compete against a smaller, more manageable group of players.  They have their own forums, the owners can set up their own tournaments, you get club competitions and you get a lot of help if you want it. 

• jmehdi
    50 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 9:53 AM

Thank you Yankee Jim. Very helpful.

• Rzbk
    376 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 12:15 PM

jmehdi:

Mainzman,

Thank you for answering the question. I appreciate it.

ljbast,

The question was about country clubs, not you or your opinion of me.

Succinct.

Not really my business but damn, I like it when a smart ass gets set down.....

• xtabent
    2,281 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 1:08 PM

i joined a CC and have made some great friends.you too can set up tourny's with your skips permission,and you'll get more good advice from other players.

X

• PorkyWalrus
    607 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 6:00 PM

No one asks my permission to make tourneys, they just do it! We have a bracket master in our club, and he sets up match play tourneys, very enjoyable.  Country clubs add no extra special things, just good camaraderie. Of course it depends on its members what it offers, some might creative fokes out there.

• cobaltm
    3,961 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 7:37 PM

all the above and even bigger, if u play a fellow member they are very  seldom ever gonna drop out on u in the middle of a game like strangers do.

• PAGES
RSS