Forums

Help › Forums

Player Suggestion List Discussion

Tue, Dec 1 2009 2:09 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 5:16 PM

So WGTalex has made us a neat list of the suggestions WGT admin is discussing and reviewing. There are 25 ways that the community has suggested multiple times to improve this fine game. Now, folks, it's up to you to choose which ones you'd like to see first. Fill out this form to vote for your Top 5 additions to WGT. Please refer all suggestions that are already on WGTalex's list to this thread to make things simpler and quicker for the newbies and veterans alike. (Disclaimer: Ponies are not likely to be added to WGT.) If you have any other suggestions that aren't on the current list, make your case for it on this thread. Let's get a discussion going, people!

LATEST UPDATE TO THIS FORM'S LIST:

12/01/2009 ... inclusion of "In-game weather" and "More tiers"

• resozv
    895 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 6:27 PM

gao, Maybe it would be good to put a link in the old xmas list thread.

Oh & my top 5:

New courses

Concede putt/hole in match play

New courses

Ability to reconnect to multiplayer games

New courses

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 10:56 PM

You forgot different pins, pins & pins, Res. There's so much more potential in both Bethpage & Kiawah if they make pins move around the greens a bit. I would welcome at least 4 different pin positions per green. Could be from "easy" to "very difficult", but could also be 4 random positions, randomly mixed for our rounds.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 11:29 PM

If you play  tournaments you have to have the pin be the same for everyone..they caqn change from one  round to another. 4 pins would be ideal with the hardest avg set being for sundays..

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 11:31 PM

Wow  top 5 was so hard  lol

• eternalspirit
    255 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 2:58 AM

faterson:

You forgot different pins, pins & pins, Res. There's so much more potential in both Bethpage & Kiawah if they make pins move around the greens a bit. I would welcome at least 4 different pin positions per green. Could be from "easy" to "very difficult", but could also be 4 random positions, randomly mixed for our rounds.

Are different pin placements even possible faterson? i mean think about how WGT create the game... 

on the green...for the current pin placements  WGT would've  taken a series of photo's surrounding the cup so  both camera angles were available when putting from any position near the pin. they didnt take that many (hence the often poor angle)

if you require different pin placements then WGT would have to go back to the real courses and take a lot more photo's surrounding other possible pin placements you desire. this would just take up too much time and personnally i would rather WGT  put the efforts on releasing St Andrews and other stroke play courses 

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 4:42 AM

eternalspirit:
    Are different pin placements even possible faterson? i mean think about how WGT create the game... 

WGT has said different pin placements are possible.  The most recent statement is on 9/25/09.  Refer to Tibbets post in this thread for the WGT quotes.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 5:39 AM

gaoerfuqiu:
    If you have any other suggestions that aren't on the current list, make your case for it on this thread.

I'm holding off voting until WGT gets a chance to scrub the product suggestion list as other ideas are found.  5 that come to mind are:

-Try clubs before you buy.  Asked for multiple times.

-New tier for the highest echelon players.  Suggested here.

-Move and mix tees. Suggested here.

-Play the black or furthest back tees on BPB and KI. Suggested here

-Weather. Suggested here and here.

And a big thank you to WGTAdmin2 and WGTAlex for providing the list!! 

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 10:42 AM

An excellent idea using a poll.  What wasn't on that list  gaoerfuqiu is more tiers.

My thoughts are two more tiers.  One for the beginners level for the pro tier and similarily for the masters level.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 10:46 AM

Gao,

Do you plan on publishing the results of the poll?

It'd be interesting to see what players want out of that list.

• PAGES
RSS