Forums

Help › Forums

Once upon a time...

Fri, Jul 3 2020 8:08 PM (35 replies)
  • JDGHOST
    6,797 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 10:38 AM

Yiannis1970:

I am only curious about just one thing....Ok, you have decided to go to something completely new. You have decided that the arcade mode will bring more money than the simulation. You have decided to change your age target group hoping again for more money. All fine, all well....the question is this: Flash'es layout was just perfect and i mean perfect...transparent chatbox, easy access buttons, perfect indicators, awesome playability. What was the saint reason for abandoning all that and creating a monster?

+1 !!! 

(IF ONLY) Our great game went this route..."Flash is finally ending on December 31st, 2020, with interactive HTML5 content quickly replacing it as the future of browser gaming"  😥 We would not be having these discussions ....

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 10:45 AM

JDGHOST:

Yiannis1970:

I am only curious about just one thing....Ok, you have decided to go to something completely new. You have decided that the arcade mode will bring more money than the simulation. You have decided to change your age target group hoping again for more money. All fine, all well....the question is this: Flash'es layout was just perfect and i mean perfect...transparent chatbox, easy access buttons, perfect indicators, awesome playability. What was the saint reason for abandoning all that and creating a monster?

+1 !!! 

(IF ONLY) Our great game went this route..."Flash is finally ending on December 31st, 2020, with interactive HTML5 content quickly replacing it as the future of browser gaming"  😥 We would not be having these discussions ....

That would be the best scenario, however they decided otherwise. I don't want to comment their decision. It's their game and they can do whatever they like with it. My only question is why destroying a perfect layout which wasn't built in a night but after many many years of testing using players experiences. Why they should do that? For ''simplicity'' ?

• garyk49
    2,316 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 10:47 AM

I think most of you have misunderstood what KYLANDER is saying.  Maybe it is just me(I doubt it), but the flash game is playing different now. WGT is not updating(I can understand this), but the flash game has gone to hell.  Yes I will be able to play the flash version when adobe pulls the plug.  Breaks now appear to be different, you can never count on the wind being there or not, so shots either go long or short depending on whether you have adjusted for the wind.  It just plays different then a couple of months ago.

So yes maybe WGT is trying to get us to either change to the launcher or steam.(yes, I have both)

• JDGHOST
    6,797 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 10:56 AM

Valid Point Yan....I assume they are limited to what they can do with that "APP"? Because I'm sure they don't want to hear us complain if they could have 100% just replicated the flash game maybe I would get use to the cartoon look ...I don't know head hurts now lol...

JD

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 10:59 AM

No Gary, it's not just you...we are playing the game too many years and we know all wgt's strategies by now. As for me, i would gladly be willing to like the new arcade mode if there were not so many functional inadequacies.

• JDGHOST
    6,797 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 11:01 AM

garyk49:

I think most of you have misunderstood what KYLANDER is saying.  Maybe it is just me(I doubt it), but the flash game is playing different now. WGT is not updating(I can understand this), but the flash game has gone to hell.  Yes I will be able to play the flash version when adobe pulls the plug.  Breaks now appear to be different, you can never count on the wind being there or not, so shots either go long or short depending on whether you have adjusted for the wind.  It just plays different then a couple of months ago.

So yes maybe WGT is trying to get us to either change to the launcher or steam.(yes, I have both)

You are correct ...He is in fact saying that and has been saying it for awhile ( I play with him often) And I cant disagree but.... But we have ALWAYS battled that with flash relearning "Feel" every few weeks or after every update the wind changes a bit and greens don't seem to break the same from few weeks prior etc.... .... But even with that I will still play flash!! LOL...Thick headed I guess...

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 11:07 AM

JDGHOST:

Valid Point Yan....I assume they are limited to what they can do with that "APP"? Because I'm sure they don't want to hear us complain if they could have 100% just replicated the flash game maybe I would get use to the cartoon look ...I don't know head hurts now lol...

JD

I am not an expert but i can only presume that they wanted to change everything, the whole look of the game. It's the logic of changing everything cause i create something completely new. I am non convinced that it was impossible to replicate exactly flash'es layout for one simple reason: Every new update on the launcher has a flash like touch.

• craigswan
    31,028 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 11:13 AM

Never tried the new format .

Always play adobe .

Need to get to tour legend before end of year .

Guess i face a big shock on december 31st .

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 11:24 AM

craigswan:

Never tried the new format .

Always play adobe .

Need to get to tour legend before end of year .

Guess i face a big shock on december 31st .

A lot of players are waiting for the end of flash.

This new game is a big learning curve on putting.

• JDGHOST
    6,797 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 11:35 AM

Yiannis1970:
    I am not an expert but i can only presume that they wanted to change everything, the whole look of the game. It's the logic of changing everything cause i create something completely new. I am non convinced that it was impossible to replicate exactly flash'es layout for one simple reason: Every new update on the launcher has a flash like touch.

Maybe you are correct with the "ALL NEW" angle.... but the "Look" (The pixelation) Is just not nearly as clean on an APP ....To me the entire NV reminds me of playing on Cabo or Whisler with a bigger overgrown looking golfer hitting what appears to be a volleyball (not golf ball) into the air ...That also seems to fly like 100 yards but in reality your actually hitting a 300 yard drive but because the depth perception is all screwy just looks arcade or old school Nintendo ...

But I'm sure they will continue to work on the "User friendly" things and get it more like flash IE: Chat box,Maps Cameras Friends list accessibility etc...But none of that will ever change the look and feel and clarity like flash has...

RSS