Forums

Help › Forums

Once upon a time...

Fri, Jul 3 2020 8:08 PM (35 replies)
  • KYLANDER
    970 Posts
    Sun, Jun 28 2020 7:26 PM

... there were some great guys, had a big idea, and build the best golf simulation ever.

I spend nearly 10 years here, had incredible games and tons of fun; enjoyed victory and accepted defeat. Countless hours... made good friends all around the world.

But then, another witchcraft company called Adobe made a 2012 statement. 

Their always misborne child - flash - will be killed end of 2020.

And what does TopGolf? For years, nothing.

But then they had the idea of a "mobile" version - not bad, but clumsy.

And then they transferred the original Flash version to a "launcher" version; maybe advised by Disney Inc. - this version is like Mickey Mouse on acid; very fancy, but has nothing to do with the original game (dots speed, and else).

And now TopGolf had the best idea ever: To persuade Flash players to move to its new kid "launcher" version, they fu** up the flash version to the utmost. Perfect shots now go silly, Winds are doubled or ignored, just to "persuade" Flash players to move to the next holy ground...

Good luck with the new strategy on gadgets and Mickey Mouse feel. Maybe U attract some teens for that, but I doubt, they will pay 1.000 credits for a sleeve of balls or stay for years.

All good things come to an end...

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 4:16 AM

PREACH MY BROTHER PREACH

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 4:55 AM

Nothing is coming to an end, If you want to play WGT in the future then you must change with the times,

The New Version is great, you will get use to the different dot speed. They have made great progress with the new version. Are there things that can be fixed still , yes. Do we all have our ideas on what we want in the NV, yes.

All and all give it a chance, once you get into it trust me you wont want to play flash, and cant wait for Dec.31 to get here.

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 8:10 AM

Woodoworkery:
    All and all give it a chance, once you get into it trust me you wont want to play flash, and cant wait for Dec.31 to get here.

I have to respectfully disagree as a Top player your opinion is not taken lightly....And if you can accept all the "Visual" issue's with the NV then your more of an addict of this game than me!!! (And trust me that's saying something) I have NEVER missed a day from the first day I joined WGT ...I'm pretty obsessed ...And love this game...

Here is "MY" Opinion ...The dots are not a problem nor is the wind or really any part of Playing the NV and I have NO issue with "Learning" and making adjustments to the "Playability" of a game...If you played say...Madden football 2015 then bought the 2019 edition... The game would be a bit different and you would have to adjust to the playability.... But it would be a "Better" version of the older game...

The issue I and others have with the NV cant be fixed on its current platform (IMHO) ....I cant hardly play a 45 second clock just do to the endless clicking to switch clubs and shot type ....But Things like that along with constant "Pop-ups" in the middle of the screen saying "great shot" or "Excellent putt" can all be addressed along with many players complaints of "The to small wind meter or Not seeing their friends list with a drop down menu like the flash Version etc etc......I get that these type things might be able to get fixed and or adjusted to be more user friendly...

That all being said...... The NV is simply an "APP" like any "Mobile" APP you download to your phone ...To play we had to 'Download" the launcher which is basically an APP...So the non real "Look" to the game is gone? The Avatar no longer looks like a golfer ...Hence people calling the NV "Mickey Mouse"...Even the way the ball travels threw the air or lands on the Green.... Very "Arcade" looking ....That is what has most people upset ( I think)... And that is what will drive people away ...I have read a dozen posts on a thread Just  in our club alone saying.. "Their gone" or "I'm done" come Dec if the flash version is removed....

My hope is WGT keeps Original version running along with PCEA and lets see who is able to find ways to continue playing flash on their own ...I have spent countless hours searching and downloading ways to keep flash alive post 2020 and have had good results...There WILL be ways to continue playing The Flash version "IF" (Big if)  WGT does NOT remove it ...It's that simple....There are just to many other  companies that depend on flash and are not willing to change right now... So there will always be someone in the tech world with a solution ..And they ARE out there working on it everyday...So lets just wait and see...

Be safe everyone...

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 8:25 AM

I am only curious about just one thing....Ok, you have decided to go to something completely new. You have decided that the arcade mode will bring more money than the simulation. You have decided to change your age target group hoping again for more money. All fine, all well....the question is this: Flash'es layout was just perfect and i mean perfect...transparent chatbox, easy access buttons, perfect indicators, awesome playability. What was the saint reason for abandoning all that and creating a monster?

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 8:55 AM

WGT had no say so in the issue of flash being terminated, so to keep the game alive for PC thats what they had to do.

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 9:06 AM

I didn't ask why they have abandoned flash (known reasons). I only asked why they have changed the layout.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 10:11 AM

Simplicity, cost efficient, on programming time, would be my guess

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 10:17 AM

• Yiannis1970
    3,269 Posts
    Mon, Jun 29 2020 10:36 AM

Woodoworkery:

Simplicity, cost efficient, on programming time, would be my guess

I hear you...thank God they don't have any plans to make Parthenon more ''simple''....

RSS