Forums

Help › Forums

The Official 10/1/11 New Format for the GBCC!!! 18 Members still needed

Mon, Sep 26 2011 1:10 PM (1 replies)
  • MichaelHazen
    491 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 6:21 AM

Starting Saturday 10/1/11 Greenbrier Country Club enters a new phase! Much more member friendly. Better prizes. More participation. And a return! I will make the new changes/rules as simple and quick as possible as well as prizes, etc. There's alot! Again, these will be in your personal boxes as well

1) You can post up to "4" scores/rounds per tournament! In real golf, you get 4 rounds. I think that's a good number to work with. If you don't like it or have a rough tournament, chalk it up to that and move on! If you post more then 4 score, you forfeit the pts you've earned for that tournament!

2) If you post a NP.....you will not receive points! You must post at least 1 score to garner any points from any of the tournaments.

Now for the monthly tournament set up. There will now be "2" 18 hole tournaments for the month. On the 2nd and 4th weeks of the month. One will be a normal 18 hole tournament (for 11 months of the year) and the other at the end will be the "Major". Now, with fewer 18 hole tournaments, we've made them worth more. So each 18 hole tournament is now worth "DOUBLE POINTS". And with that, the Major's also offer a prize, as such listed.

The Colonial: The Victory Trophy & Cleveland CG16 56 Wedge - 495 credits

The GCO: The Dominator Trophy & Ping Anser Series Putter - 400 Credits

The VBC: The Premier Cup & Burner Rescue Tour Launch T3 - 350 credits

The Busch Memorial: The Medalist Trophy & R9 3 Fairwood Wood - 350 Credits

Now, you'll noticed I said "11" 18 hole tournaments. But there are 12 months. Bryan and I have decided there will be a "CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP TOURNAMENT". Now with no way to block anyone from playing, I have to make it open to all members, not by a certain number (which I orginally thought to do, like a top 20). The tournament name & prize is......

The GBC @ Kiawah: The Championship Trohy & R9 TP 9.5 Driver - 900 credits

Now for the 5 main prizes with the first 4 being the "monthly" prizes.........there has been a change in the montly points prize. I'm sure you'll think that the WGT Pro Golf Set was worth more, but when you think about it, "most" of us have better equipment then that. If you don't, well 1,000 towards anything you want (both wood & hybrid and wedges at same time, or the new ghost putter). Would be better off. Selling the set would've been 400 creds, which is less the the 2nd main prize. 1,500 would been to steep for me and B to pay out.

Also, you can run those credits to next month if you want. You do not have to spend them right away. They will basically be used as escroe (without interest however).

Total Points/Month: 1,000 Credits for any club/equipment/etc

Lowest avg score/stroke: 500 Credits for any club/equipment/etc

Lowest avg score/ctth: 300 Credits for any club/equipment/etc

Most improved/stroke: Any set of balls up to the Calloway Tour i(s) - 250 credits

Total Points/Year: TaylorMade R9 Golf Club Set - 2635 credits

Now, there is a new wrinkle to qualifying for the Lowest avg score/stroke and most improved. With only 2 - 18 hole tournaments, that now means there will be 6 - 9 hole events per month! I notice, we have higher turnout for the 9's and see that most people's stats, that they play those (not just club) more then anything else. What this does is make participation easier FOR EVERYONE! So with that in mind now, you must play in at least "6" of the 9 + 18 hole events to qualify for those "2" categories!!!! As for the Lowest avg. score/CTTH, you must play in at least "3" of the events to qualify for that prize.

Lastly.....I changed the point system a little. I made the top 3 the cutoff instead of the top 5 that I originally had. The new point set up is as such......

1st place: 10 pts

2nd place: 9 pits

3rd place: 8 pts

4th & 5th: 6 pts

6th - 10th: 5 pts

11th - 15th: 4 pts

16th - 20th: 3 pts

21st - 25th: 2 pts

25th and lower: 1 pt

NP: 0 pts

That is it! That is our new system! I really think changing to more 9 hole events will help and I think that more people will compete in the 18 holes cause there are fewer and their more important now! I feel very good about the direction of the club going forward and want to thank all of you (especially those who play every week) for your patience through the growing pains so to speak!

If you have any questions, suggestions. Please contact myself or Bryanhazen and let us know so we can do what we can to make sure that it is addressed and possibly resolved if it can be.

Thank you for your time.......AND GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Michael J. Hazen

Founder/Co-Chairman

Greenbrier Country Club

• wolfpck1
    115 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 1:10 PM

sounds interesting   am currently looking for a c.c. that has tournaments and would appreciate if you would consider me for membership.    
                                           thanks jim aka wolf  

RSS