Forums

Help › Forums

VUSO Qualifier....Not Everyone got their just DUE !!

Mon, Jun 22 2020 10:23 AM (21 replies)
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 6:30 AM

YankeeJim:
    Same discussion every year, the players just change.  :-)

Not really... even i noted the reasoning given for the delay, last year, but did all the qualifiers last year and previous years actually complete all 4 rounds of the VUSO while the manual ties still had not be awarded? 

The VUSO is over and the qualifier still has not been processed.  I dont recall that happening last year. 

But there are some differences this year that may account for even longer delay... working from home due to covid, server issues causing down time which prompted wgtchampion to post reminder for those needing to get round in, so those downtimes this week likely also slowed things up... but it is not quite the same as last year.  

• sammey1
    680 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 8:01 AM

I submitted a complaint to WGT PR office, for what it's worth. Amazing that they couldn't find 5 minutes over the last 8 days to credit 14 players. Disgraceful.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 8:52 AM

el3n1:
    but it is not quite the same as last year.  

Are you that desperate to be right to take a droll comment and break it down? 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 10:21 AM

YankeeJim:
    Are you that desperate to be right to take a droll comment and break it down? 

are you so bored and without consideration of the concerns of others -- some who have waited patiently and still not observed any updates that you have to find new places to inject comments without offering any positive insight while dismissing their concern that have gone unaddressed?  -- I attempted to defer judgement, believing it would get addressed relatively quickly... But the entire event ended and still nothing was done to complete the qualifier payouts.  That does seem odd even given the circumstances because there were not 50 or 75 people to enter manually, but a mere 14, I believe.

are you that desperate to see your number of post increase you have to make dismissive post with no constructive intent?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 10:32 AM

el3n1:
    are you so bored and without consideration of the concerns of others

Yes.

el3n1:
    are you that desperate to see your number of post increase you have to make dismissive post with no constructive intent?

Yes.

Anything else? 

(I left you plenty of space for your bombastic answer.)

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 12:18 PM

try practicing more and posting less,  maybe you will qualify next year.  there are always hidden gems in the forums for game improvement  - try some of those -- they can be searched on the right side of the screen.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 12:21 PM

el3n1:
    try practicing more and posting less,  maybe you will qualify next year.

No thanks, been there done that, moved on.  :-)

(Impressed you kept your post to under 100 words.)

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 1:03 PM

Then why even bother attempting to qualify?  That is what it appears to be when you post back to back scores on the qualifier course.  I only checked to see if you had personally qualified and didn't play.  I think there were around 35 people in that boat.

It is not always the case, because reasons can vary, but most people who attempt to qualify will have a couple scores in their scoring history until they shoot what they feel is possibly their personal best.  

Not being critical here, but if you had--  been there done that, why play the qualifier more than once and waste the ball hits on something you have already checked off as doing?

--I get it though, we have all been couped up longer than usual... covid - I believe in the NY region is far worse than other areas of the country so maybe you have been couped up even more than others... that can lead us into and onto the internet/ WGT even more than normal.  Stay safe.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 5:12 PM

"Couped up?"  Did I get overthrown?

Having "been there" and "done that," I get reminded every time I look at the very cool USGA bag tag hanging on my bag and the hat that I got for qualifying on a real course, Oakmont, not one made up. I gave the year's membership in the USGA to my son.

What did you get? A fraction of what you spent to get there. LOL. That's the "moved on" part.  :-)

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2020 5:13 PM

YankeeJim:

Same discussion every year, the players just change.  :-)

It's not just the discussions. Every year we have "new experts" who bloviate us to boredom. 

RSS