Forums

Help › Forums

Complimentary Bogey's

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 26 2011 6:23 PM (5 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2011 8:46 AM

I want to thank WGT for all the free bogey's. After starting several rounds at 3-4 under par it seems your generosity with the bogeys has become unnecessary. You may pass these on to someone else now. I feel I have had more than my share and don't want to be greedy. Again thank you, but no more for me please.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2011 9:10 AM

Too funny.

But you have to remember, Bogeys are like starter balls, anyone can have them;)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2011 10:41 AM

Case in point. Right after writing this post I played the full 18 at SA. 1 eagle, 7 birdies, and then 4 bogeys in a row (all caused by putt stopping .02 short or the little lip out). Had 10- 1 putts and 7- 2 putts. Avg drive was 303.81. By far was the best round I was ever having until the (whatever it is) took over. Ended up with 6 bogeys.  Only missed one green in reg. and that was a wind thing. Cleveland 98 wedge, 16 mph wind in the face, 95 yrds to pin. Full shot, no spin, ding the shot and it goes 54 yrds. Just another could have, should have.

• zelg
    332 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2011 11:49 AM

Ren as a member of the same cc as you Please remember to take all your free bogeys with you when leaving the course as I have enough of my own. Thanks ZELG

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Thu, Sep 22 2011 1:47 PM

TBF. It's been a cool touch to find a bogey or double bogey or two in the Weeds recently at St Georges. Imagine my delight when playing a solid round last night and winning to come unstuck in some unplayable 70/80 gorse. 

My partner got his par. But my two attempts out cost me a double and I lost the match by a shot. 

Another gift is the 40/50 rough around the bunkers on hole 4 at Congressional. You know the hole, the one where WGT planted a tree that doesn't exist with lots of filth sitting under it. I was once given 4 bogeys all at once there. My playing partners were beside themselves with envy.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Sep 26 2011 6:23 PM

They brought them back with the maintenance last night. Start out with 3 birdies a par, then an eagle, then 3 straight bogeys, lip outs and stopping .02 short. I was hoping they corrected this with last nights shenanigans.

RSS