Help › Forums

Proper response to improper recruiting

Tue, Aug 4 2020 5:05 AM (42 replies)
  • ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2020 9:14 AM

JDGHOST:

ct690911:

From the posts and the way they are worded, I'm thinking it's a guy posing as a female. For example,  I've never heard a woman call a guy "sparky".

I may be off base...but

ct

Well you do have to remember the movie Vacation.... Sparky, Was Ellen's pet name for Clark Griswald

LMAO But I agree I don't think your off base at all !!

True, but I believe the movie, ergo the dialogue, was written by men.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2020 9:34 AM

Been following this post and couldn't for the life of me figure who you were talking about until JD mentioned his wall. So I checked his wall and now reconize the name. I got a invite almost 2 weeks ago. Lol.😎

• jacktrade51
    10,906 Posts
    Sun, Apr 19 2020 7:52 PM

Welcome back pd … I haven't seen you in a while.

At one level I agree … we are responsible for our own club and if we can't hold on to our members, that is our problem.  And while I have lost a few members to idiotic recruiting, 97% plus stuck with us.  So the Black Diamond GC experience proves your point.  The few that leave do so for their own reasons, not objections over how BD is being run.

(I actually ask members who leave and some answer.  Reasons I have been given:  looking for a more mobile oriented club, not being quick enough to hammer people who misuse sp's in clashes, buddies in other clubs, there are a few more reasons.  I also don't take it personally.  Several members who left are back in.  All good!)

However, blasting out wall posts is offensive.

I certainly did not appreciate being called a stuffy old guard incompetent owner.  She was wrong on all 3, plus I believe she was too stupid to realize I was an owner when I got the message.

Tom.

• JDGHOST
    6,784 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 5:43 AM

On my wall from the "classless one".....

"Take the red pill"

your players like everyone else's players is gonna get hit with invites until the end of time!

I dont look at the club they are in before a invite

Deal with it like Covd19

Not much can be said I guess .....

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 1:19 PM

JDGHOST:
    Well this will be my final comment on this

Apparently not.

Block the player and move on already.  That will keep her from posting on your wall.  If you need help learning how to block, send me a PM and I'll walk you through it.

No need to air out your conflict with another player here in the Main Forum.

In the meantime, enjoy your game.

• JDGHOST
    6,784 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 2:02 PM

SamSpayed:
    No need to air out your conflict with another player here in the Main Forum.

As you can see I didn't start this thread or the discussion about this particular person and their uncouth actions  and although your correct and I stated this will be "MY" final comment on the subject....  As the post on my wall clearly indicates this is not a 1 on 1 battle or my club vs this owners club ...The person has come after many many clubs and I thought the post on my wall was thread worthy as it basically stated "NO CLUB IS OFF LIMITS" ....So this was or isn't just "my" conflict.....

But I will try and figure out how to block a player.....Thanks

Oh and this was posted on her/his wall by another player....

Stop trying to snipe players from other clubs. You are obviously targeting the better players in hopes that someday you may win the golden putter for yourself. There are plenty of people on this game that have no country clubs that may be receptive to your goal as being the most irritating c/c owner I have ever come across. I know that you don't want people posting negative comments on your wall, but to think that people like myself and the countless other good players that reside in our country club would willingly change to a club like yours that freely kicks people out when you think you have molded them into the best players ever is laughable. Stop it, you are really pissing off a lot of people.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 7:27 PM

I received an invite from said player. I just hit the delete button and continued my day. I didn't, and will not allow anyone to throw trash on my great day, any day of the week lol! Some people really let this game swell their heads up! None of us are paying any bills with it lol. Play the game and enjoy what your doing, we're all lucky to have something to pass the time with! 

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Wed, Apr 22 2020 7:44 PM

JDGHOST:
    I will try and figure out how to block a player.....Thanks

I think this shortcut will work for you (if you are on  PC):  https://www.wgt.com/user/blocking.aspx

FWIW, I also received 2 unsolicited invites to the CC in question.  Invite #1, I deleted.  Invite #2, I deleted and blocked the sender.

RSS