Forums

Help › Forums

Proper response to improper recruiting

Tue, Aug 4 2020 5:05 AM (42 replies)
  • jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Thu, Apr 16 2020 6:00 PM

Since I don't want to get into hot water with WGT a second time in a month, here is the question:

What is the appropriate response to improper and unethical recruiting?  In this case, just today, the owner sent out 150 wall posts to various players.  I have no idea how she chose them.  From a quick span, 7 to members in my club.  1 to me??!  1 to Finny … anyone who pays attention to World Cup knows him.

Her club has 247 members … most of them not very good players.  (I say that for a club that accepts players at all skill levels.  We don't aspire to be Transgressional or SEL, which I mean with respect.)  A 2% response and she cannot accept every one.

I remember a certain club … it has Black Diamond in it's name just like my club (Black Diamond GC) … and getting blasted from all over the WGT universe for something we had nothing to do with.

Tom.

• EasyEdward
    13,495 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 6:59 PM

jacktrade51:

Since I don't want to get into hot water with WGT a second time in a month, here is the question:

What is the appropriate response to improper and unethical recruiting?  In this case, just today, the owner sent out 150 wall posts to various players.  I have no idea how she chose them.  From a quick span, 7 to members in my club.  1 to me??!  1 to Finny … anyone who pays attention to World Cup knows him.

Her club has 247 members … most of them not very good players.  (I say that for a club that accepts players at all skill levels.  We don't aspire to be Transgressional or SEL, which I mean with respect.)  A 2% response and she cannot accept every one.

I remember a certain club … it has Black Diamond in it's name just like my club (Black Diamond GC) … and getting blasted from all over the WGT universe for something we had nothing to do with.

Tom.

Yup I remember that case as well (the "other" Black Diamond - which by the way has tanked).

The beloved by many CourteneyFish and the owner of TPC before me just said ignore it to me when I took over. 

I did as well.

So does our current owner NoPro17.

Is it inappropriate - I believe so but the debate will continue as long as WGT exists - so the appropriate response may be just to do what Courteney did, post in the CC Forum that these went out and then beat the holly crap out of them when you meet up in an inter-club Match Play challenge (or Clash if you are into that).

Just my opinion.

EE

• Robert1893
    7,664 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 7:11 PM

+1

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 7:54 PM

Building a clash team with unhappy players. LOL.........

• Rick6208
    2,136 Posts
    Fri, Apr 17 2020 8:01 PM

Lol My Club has had members recruited as well ! Just so happened we played the Club in question and KICK BUTT !! Toronto Leaf Fans with 78 Members destroyed this 247 Member club,  So a Clash Club is not what their building !! Lol

Oh by the way ,we have lots of openings, no Drama, but a nucleus of loyal players who love the game ! 

• Rick6208
    2,136 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 6:22 AM

CLUB CLASH RESULTS

TORONTO LEAF FANS WITH 78 MEMBERS WENT 10 & 0 AND FINISHED IN 20th PLACE , WE MISSED 1 GAME OR WE WOULD HAVE MOVED UP IN THE STANDINGS

THE CLUB IN QUESTION FINISHED IN 119 th PLACE ! SO MUCH FOR THE CLUB CLASH MACHINE AND KNOCKING OF THE WINNERS ! LOL 😂 

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 7:05 AM

I too know exactly who you are talking about and will NOT name a name of course!!....BUT if I am correct in my assumption this "classless" person was once a member in my club which I showed nothing but kindness and help to she then went on to hit up many members in my club with the following message.....

it looks like you can swing it, but the owner is not getting the job done!

I'm building a clash team to take down Penalty Box, No beating around bush.
    I have 250 daily players all playing in Clash, me been around since 2012

I have 2 Champions, 6 Tour Legends, 75 Legends, 25 Tour Masters + worked harder than anyone get a few best to give us a chance, someone that can come over for a while and help us get next level. I'm FULL not trying take players away from any clubs, just a few not happy TCs. to be leaders, Happy Golfing....

Which our member responded with this.....

Anybody else get emails like this?

This guy thinks the owner isn't getting it done? Evidently he/she has never met JD GHOST (the best owner of virtual CC in existence). This guy (*********) has swallowed his/her integrity quicker than a toothless pros-tit***  at Mardi Gras. Does this sand flea think any TFC member is stupid enough to swallow this line of BS?

I then responded to my member the following...(BTW Willie was being to kind with the "best owner of virtual CC in existence lol)... 

Wow I know her/him and I was nothing but nice and polite to this person!!! Some people geeeez lol...  Oh Love the line "+ worked harder than anyone get a few best to give us a chance,"  Rolling LMAO!!!

Ok so here's my thought's on the subject ......Lets say *** does in fact put together a strong clash club....And in the ridiculous chance they start taking over the penalty box ...DOES THAT MAKE THEM A GREAT CLUB???   Not in my opinion!! A top club has zero to do with the clash!! The clash awards ONE golden putter for each win so you would need to win over 100 plus times to make sure EVERYONE in your club putting in these ridiculous amounts of hours into the clash would ALSO reap the benefit of receiving the "OL Mighty golden putter !! (THAT WOULD BE ONLY FAIR!!!) Which would never happen in a million years!!! So what SHE is really  saying is...... lets build a club that can take a run at the "TOP CLUB"  maybe we will get lucky once and SHE can win the putter and thanks everyone else for your effort and money spent on ball usage and CC passes bought ....YEAH I got my Golden "Goose" Putter and y'all got Sh*t......LOL

(Oh and BTW ***'s club has 137 members and is currently in 134 place in this weeks clash (prior to the final result) LMAO)

And Willie TYVM for the kind words ...My ONLY goal has always been the same....Work as hard as I can "RECRUIT WITH RESPECT PROPERLY" And try to make TFC the best club I can for "THE MEMBERS" ....That's it!! This club is owned by the members!! And I'm only as good as the staff and the members....If they are happy here ....I've Done My Job !!

JD👻       AND Remember....  "The Founders Club" is ,was and always will be "The Place to Play"

So in closing Don continue being the Great club owner you are my friend and I guess let this garbage being spewed just fall OUTSIDE  your clubs parking lot!!

Your friend JD

• Rick6208
    2,136 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 7:37 AM

That is the exact same message some of my members got ! Congratulations to your member for being loyal to your Club !  Yes she dropped over 100 Members after their finish in the Clash ! Lol and she is the only one with any status in the Club, No Directors ! That tells me only 1 thing ,  FREAK !

• twinponds169
    3,018 Posts
    Sat, Apr 18 2020 8:11 AM

jacktrade51:
    What is the appropriate response to improper and unethical recruiting? 

After checking out this persons profile page and the totally whacked out incomprehensible crap on it, if a club member were to go and join that club, I would consider it a plus for our club and not a negative thing. I would thank the whack for cleaning our club up of a player that obviously didn't belong in the first place.

RSS