Forums

Help › Forums

silver coin level bonus on mobile / new EA

Thu, Feb 20 2020 8:59 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 8:04 AM

Desktop players converting over to the PC EA should still see a coin balance of the seemingly worthless silver coins due to their progress up the levels.

WGT consistently (well usually consistently) issues 100 coins per level achieved on the mobile platform.  When a long standing member tends to jump onto mobile whether it be to keep a CDP going or something else, they will often see a sudden influx of silver coins they had not previously earned.  They are sometimes baffled where these came from, since they never played coin games.

The issue or concern is whether WGT is issuing these correctly for longstanding members who have earned their silver coin level bonuses from playing WGT primarily on the desktop platform but simply may not have been a regular mobile player.

I found a way to easily calculate how many coins you SHOULD have.  If it deviates significantly from what you have been given and have not been playing or spending coins then the numbers should match up pretty close if not exactly, unless you were playing the daily slot, random scratchers, etc.  

Obviously, once you start spending and using coins, your balance can fluctuate quickly.  

But a quick estimate is the following -- (level (level+1) / 2) * 100 = projected coins

EX - for level 100 --- (100 (101) / 2) * 100 =  505,000 silver coins from level up bonuses.

You have earned these imho, progressing up the levels in a similar fashion to mobile players, so you too are entitled to your full silver coin level bonus.  If you didn't get the full allotment, I would suggest contacting Customer Support. *

-- just a suggestion... play responsibly... while you may have received a lump sum of coins seemingly without effort... you can lose them rather quickly in the larger stakes coin rooms.  Even experienced mobile players go on losing streaks that can wipe them out if they don't manage their silver coin bankroll properly... and unless you buy them, it takes a lot longer to build up coins in the very low stakes coin rooms compared to the mid to upper stakes coin rooms.

update

* - keep in mind coins were released approx. Dec 2015.  WGT levels achieved prior to that time were handled differently.  I can't confirm exactly how many or what they did.  So, if long standing members have any remote idea what level they were at then, you would use the formula for that level and subtract those coin level bonuses from your current Level after applying the formula  to have a more accurate estimate, given you have been around so long.

Ex: A long term WGT user who is currently L146, but was likely L98 in Dec of 2015 --

Current level Progress - Levels when coins didn't exist =  projected coins

((146 *147) / 2) * 100  - ((98 * 99) / 2) * 100 = 1,073,100 - 485,100 = 588,000

this would not include scratchers, 1 arm bandit, or other bonuses like the possible 5000 or 30,000 bonus that may have been given out upon initial release of the silver coins.

We don't know what WGT is doing, just yet, with the real long term and level chasers beyond L200 which appears to be the highest level you can reach right now or whether any level bonuses are being given at any type of increment.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 8:45 AM

Nice summary on the estimate. Too bad the silver coins are useless.

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 10:29 AM

Small correction: coins rewarded is based as: 100 x (level expressed as a number). So if I just advanced from 95 to 96 I will be rewarded with 9600 coins. 

• JDGHOST
    6,784 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 10:33 AM

SimonTheBeetle:

Nice summary on the estimate. Too bad the silver coins are useless.

+1

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 2:28 PM

fobby1980:
    Small correction: coins rewarded is based as: 100 x (level expressed as a number).

that's correct...

but I felt you could skew the summation calculation if you multiply that first and then do your calculation.  I do that at the end because it gives a more accurate total or at least that is what I believe is more accurate.

a coin bonus for level 100 is 10,000 coins.  try inputting that into the formula and it will jack things up.  waiting to apply the 100 coins per level until the end, is a better approach.

the formula essentially adds up all numbers from 1 to the level you have achieved without doing it longhand.  1 + 2 + 3 + 4 … 

you could do that also 100 + 200 + 300 + 400 ... but doing it that way again takes a lot longer....

SimonTheBeetle:
    Too bad the silver coins are useless.

that is a different thread topic.  and I understand your point while I hold various perspectives on the subject.  silver coins are being used as an in game currency for the mobile platform regardless of how they are valued.  And, WGT does charge some people if they are desperate enough to buy them, but I don't advise it.

I am just trying to help those who have leveled up and should have earned silver coin level bonuses - grasp how many they should have if WGT issued them appropriately for the new (old) players going onto PC EA and starting to check out coin games.  

• fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 4:08 PM

How about n! X 100 (n factorial)

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 4:31 PM

fobby1980:
    (n factorial)

if I recall correctly factorial multiplies all of the digits up to the number selected, whereas the calculation I used determines the addition of all the numbers up to the number selected (or Level achieved.)

since you are adding the coins earned in each level it makes more sense to use that method versus n!.  

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Tue, Feb 18 2020 5:33 PM

el3n1:

SimonTheBeetle:
    Too bad the silver coins are useless.

that is a different thread topic.  and I understand your point while I hold various perspectives on the subject.  silver coins are being used as an in game currency for the mobile platform regardless of how they are valued.  And, WGT does charge some people if they are desperate enough to buy them, but I don't advise it.

I am just trying to help those who have leveled up and should have earned silver coin level bonuses - grasp how many they should have if WGT issued them appropriately for the new (old) players going onto PC EA and starting to check out coin games.  

I know your intentions are good and what you're trying to do for other players. Kudos! :-)

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2020 12:54 PM

Read in club forum that one of our members who did not receive all of their level up bonuses was given a misleading response while at the same time being told coins are earned from leveling up.   It isnt a lump sum deposit but it can appear that way if someone rarely goes onto the mobile platform.  

This suggest WGT is not properly awarding the level up coin bonus even though they state you in fact earn coins for leveling up.  

Do the math WGT... if someone is level 56 or 97 or 135 they should still earn and receive ALL of the coins they are entitled too. 

You can use the formula or do it manually in an excell spreadsheet.  This is not the only case i have heard of where players are not receiving ALL of the coins for the years they put into this game by leveling up.  

Yes they are considered worthless coins by a variety of people, but you charge real money for them if people run out.   

If they earned them by leveling up to level 156 or whatever... they are entitled to the cummulative total of all those levels from 1 to 156.  100 + 200+ 300 ....+ 15,500 + 15,600. And not some arbitrary short changed number instead. 

Please fix this they deserve what they earned!

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2020 2:40 PM

I am not ready to let WGT completely off the hook yet, but I don't want to with hold some new info I just learned about that could impact coin level bonuses.

Some of this preceeded my time on WGT so I was unaware of it.

Coins appear to have been released around Dec 2015... and there was some discussion on the varying amounts of coins issued.

For longstanding members who have been on WGT prior to 2015, it is likely coin level bonuses were not issued retroactive but rather small lump sum deposits were made.

Something like this would impact the calculation of a cumulative total from the calculation I am using since coins have always been around since I joined.

This will and possibly likely is one reason some coin balances do not match the calculations from the formula I used.  I just want to be fair in what I have learned.  

The formula would and should hold true for anyone that joined WGT since the coins were released in Dec 2015 and I would suspect if you never used them, the calculation would match up with one's coin balance.

• PAGES
RSS