Help › Forums

Bandon Dunes Full Course 2020

Fri, Aug 21 2020 10:06 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • fobby1980
    310 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2020 8:46 AM

jacktrade51:

Any new regular course would be nice, but I can think of 100 courses ahead of Bandon.

But if they have a regular 72 par course mapped out go with it.  (If I remember right, Bandon has 45 holes.)

I still wonder why WGT won't make Cabo and Whistlers for free.  The problem is all the players who are willing to shell out credits to play it.  If they didn't do it, that deal would come through quicker.

Tom.

Because those two are actually owned by TruGolf, licensed to WGT, so it’s not their call to make it free for all. Personally I have no problem paying the greens fees if they finally bring them over to PCEA/mobile, and I know many more would have the same opinion. 

• jacktrade51
    10,909 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2020 7:58 PM

Wutpa:

I would imagine they only photographed and mapped the par 3 holes across the three Bandon courses, so they've had to go back and get the missing holes to make the full 18.

And as for making Cabo and Whistler free, I don't suppose that is WGT's gift to give.

On first point, WGT publicly said they mapped a full 18 hole course (out of the 45 holes that are there) at the time they did the par 3 course.  Up to them when to produce.

On second, it would require WGT to reach a financial deal with TruGolf.  That would be helped if a lot of us stopped playing them.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2020 9:38 PM

jacktrade51:
    On second, it would require WGT to reach a financial deal with TruGolf.  That would be helped if a lot of us stopped playing them

I'm not sure I follow the logic there but it doesn't really matter because I doubt very much the usage of those courses is likely to change.

Only a fraction of the active players on WGT ever comment in these forums, and I daresay the proportion of those that visit but never comment isn't a great deal higher. So getting suggestions about taking action out to the wider populace that way is akin to trying to broadcast a message to a stadium crowd from inside a coat closet.

• jacktrade51
    10,909 Posts
    Sun, Mar 1 2020 8:05 PM

Wutpa:

I would imagine they only photographed and mapped the par 3 holes across the three Bandon courses, so they've had to go back and get the missing holes to make the full 18.

And as for making Cabo and Whistler free, I don't suppose that is WGT's gift to give.

I am not a neophyte about business.  To answer in reverse order, Cabo and Whistler are owned by TruGolf.  WGT licensed them to produce it, and would have to buy them out.  They are nice courses and a lot of WGT members are willing to shell out to play them.  Therein lies the problem.

On Bandon, you might be right about what WGT actually mapped.  But, at the time, they said they had mapped a regular 18 hole course at that time.  I don't know the answer.

On your last comment ("broadcasting from a closet"), lol.  You are right.

Tom.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2020 7:30 AM

So what happened to the promised Bandon Dunes? The US Amateur at BD has come and gone, and no course on WGT.

• jacktrade51
    10,909 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2020 7:38 PM

After watching parts of the US Amateur Championship last week, if WGT has a 72 hole course mapped out, it is going to be really tough.

I already don't play Bandon Par 3, but 1/2 of that is because I don't like par 3 courses.

Tom.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Fri, Aug 21 2020 10:06 AM

jacktrade51:
    After watching parts of the US Amateur Championship last week, if WGT has a 72 hole course mapped out, it is going to be really tough.

And they need to roll out a fog effect in this game.

• PAGES
RSS