Help › Forums

European eTour - Cutline

Mon, Dec 23 2019 6:51 PM (24 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 2:49 PM

el3n1:

fmagnets:
    They might wish to re-evaluate the effort and ball usage they put in in the unlimited round. 

Will keep this in mind... : )

I did.

I started one round, lost a ball, then thought "what's the point I'd never get through the bracket anyway".  If I thought a 60 might have got me 2,000c I'd have tried more and if I'd got through I would have played the bracket until I lost.  If by some miracle I'd won through I really dont think I'd have gone to this one, for a few reasons.  So pretty much what Mags said although I don't really see what harm it would have done as presumably the runner up would have gone.

I'd think whether it's a good move or not (for wgt) really depends on many people they want to play in the qualifiers and how often. I sincerely doubt if it's to help with the bracket, more likely they calculated not giving out 256,000c was worth more to them than they'll lose with less rounds played.  Dreamhack, HSBC or whoever else gets exposure must be fine with this too.

• Gepetto1958
    4,223 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 4:58 PM

The Virtual Tour will disappear in 2020 and will be replaced by the Live series and European Tour. WGT could at least still offer us a ball to try to qualify in the new tournaments. I know Elite players don't care about these balls but the thousands of players who have no chance of qualifying could appreciate it.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 5:22 PM

Make qualifiers single play, problem solved.  Sure, some/many of the top players would qualify but perhaps not ALL of them would every single time.

• BMX123
    627 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 6:32 PM

good idea maybe 2 chances (one) round to try to figure out the clubs they are making everyone play then the 2nd round for more suffering

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 8:46 PM

If cannot remove "unlimited" of the equation at all, then how about put a limit on the unlimited tries?

Ex: 5 or 10 tries instead of unlimited tries or another number which wgt think is favourable. 

- Carl 

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 10:16 PM

kavvz:

Make qualifiers single play, problem solved.  Sure, some/many of the top players would qualify but perhaps not ALL of them would every single time.

A higher ranked player attempts the first 5 holes for example then make a par, restarts and then proceeds to play again, another 6-7 holes make par then restarts

Lets face it, the 1st hole at Wolf Creek, how many have restarted due to a headwind?

Certainly not all would qualify, but you might just get that one lower ranked player make it through, that surely would make for better viewing?

But then unlimited tries is good business in ball sales.

• DampandDusty
    125 Posts
    Thu, Dec 19 2019 1:32 AM

Does anyone know when the bracket stage will be announced? I thought it was today (19 Dec).

Haven't qualified, but would just, like many other people, like to see how it plays out..

• Barti75
    727 Posts
    Thu, Dec 19 2019 1:43 AM

kavvz:

+1

Not on your life!!!  Then WGT sold not enough balls!  Amount of the prize kills the mind LOL

As they impose  a clubs to let them  give everyone the same balls. I don't see any sense of playing a tournaments with unlimited entry .

no way.
    WGT would not sell enough balls.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Thu, Dec 19 2019 5:13 AM

Tournaments, Brackets, Bracket Tournament Results

Uncheck box to show one's you've not entered

You'll only see the odd early score if both direct opponents have played, as day/night wears on more scores will appear

• DampandDusty
    125 Posts
    Thu, Dec 19 2019 6:00 AM

Kenher01:
    Tournaments, Brackets, Bracket Tournament Results

Thanks Kenher

RSS