627 Posts
    Sun, Dec 15 2019 5:39 AM

-14 (58) might be good enough.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 5:59 AM

BMX123:

-14 (58) might be good enough.

Dont bank on it . Im waiting until the end of the day to post a 49 . Sick and tired of these low scores so that will teach them a lesson . :-)

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 7:46 AM

I was just wondering why this is the first big tournament that the qualifiers didn't get 2000 credits. Just seems strange

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 8:49 AM
    Woodoworkery:

I was just wondering why this is the first big tournament that the qualifiers didn't get 2000 credits. Just seems strange

..........they are saving their pennys for xmas....plus another clear cut back....like most big buisnesses....unfortunetly
  • Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Dec 17 2019 9:06 AM

MGB01:
    Woodoworkery:

..........they are saving their pennys for xmas....plus another clear cut back....like most big buisnesses....unfortunetly

LOL, yeah must be one of the new and improved things to come in 2020

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 7:55 AM

I tried to ask about this but didnt get an answer... if only 6% of those who qualify become eligible for prizes, and only a handful of players on all of wgt realistically have a shot to be in the top fraction of the 1 percent... it may not take long before skilled but not elite players realize even trying is a waste of time when there is zero return for qualifying.   

While the etour event is free to enter the amount of ball use is growing cost on unlimited entry where even the best esports pros play over and over to post their lowest scores.  Who can compete with that but other esports pros.  

Starts to look like a pipe dream for all but a select few... using sotw was a new approach though and kept scores out of the 40s.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 8:51 AM

Woodoworkery:

Seems obvious, and a good move. You want players who qualify to be willing and able to attend the live events. You do not want players to qualify just to pick up an easy 2000 credits then disappear, or even worse to knock other willing players out in the brackets before making themselves unavailable for the live event. The VUSAm brackets suffered a bit from this the last two years, so it's good they aren't repeating the same mistake.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 11:43 AM

fmagnets:

Woodoworkery:

Seems obvious, and a good move. You want players who qualify to be willing and able to attend the live events. You do not want players to qualify just to pick up an easy 2000 credits then disappear, or even worse to knock other willing players out in the brackets before making themselves unavailable for the live event. The VUSAm brackets suffered a bit from this the last two years, so it's good they aren't repeating the same mistake.

Good point, I was looking at the loss of balls, and the effort to qualify. Crazy me thinking that should be somewhat rewarded.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 1:00 PM

The 'somewhat reward' is the chance to get through a bracket and win a trip to a European Tour event plus some guarantee prize money. Those that don't consider this chance a reward are perhaps those that can't see themselves progressing through a bracket or attending a live event. They might wish to re-evaluate the effort and ball usage they put in in the unlimited round. 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 1:35 PM

fmagnets:
    The 'somewhat reward' is the chance to get through a bracket and win a trip

fmagnets:
    They might wish to re-evaluate the effort and ball usage they put in in the unlimited round. 

Will keep this in mind... : )

RSS