skip nav

Forums

F22 Raptor, the full integration (La-Ferrari 2020).

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 14 2020 6:30 AM by goldeena. 8 replies.
  • goldeena Thailand
    1,875 Posts
    Sat, Dec 7 2019 6:42 PM

Coming soon.....

Finally I am pleased to announce a fully-integrated, bug free version of La-Ferrari which will not need any cut-pasting of the ball coefficients and will FINALLY be given my all-clear to be worthy of the title F22-Raptor!!!!

- a simple set of programmed instructions will make it possible for auto-adjusting coefficients so that just a checkbox next to the ball in-play will be enough to generate the coefficients by itself.

- a multiple wood option will also be available, again a simple checkbox next too the wood in-play will be enough to integrate any high-lofted wood.

The accomplishment of full integration has come about through an extensive analysis of all the separate ball coefficient tables in such a way that a set of instructions have been derived, centered on my primary ball (the HEX45 as far as I am concerned, that's what it's called to me), a sufficiently accurate mapping (set of instructions), can be applied to any ball to give a 'best fit' set of coefficients. This best fit should not deviate from the original coefficient tables (derived by 'meshing'), across the full range of clubs by more than 1.5 yards for any subsequent ball.

The multiple wood option is a greatly simplified version of the massively involved and currently applied wedge option (one of laffers greatest features), it is possible because the prediction for a wood is more loosely applied and cannot be so exact, in this manner I have found one set of coefficients fits all - but these coefficients have to be what i would term 'sliding reference', in that the cell locations change depending on the distance rating of the wood in-play. This idea has already been validated in so much that 1 set of wood coefficients are already in use for 2 existing versions of laffer to cater for the 245 yard and 250 yard high lofted woods and have been successful.

With the closure of the flash version of the game I hope to proudly announce early in to the new year (with a demonstration video), the full integration that shall see the complete development cycle of La-Ferrari come to a close and finally bestowed the name (or crown) 'F22-Raptor' - the most advanced, powerful and versatile hyper-predictor that had ever been built for the original game 'WGT flash on the PC'.

There will be no Laffer conversion for the PC-for-mobile version of the game, read in to that how you want, I may while-away the rest of my retirement days with 'fishing simulators' instead, who knows.

Adios.

TQG.

edit:

AND LOCKED.

some people never learn do they - you put something up and lo-and-behold the usual suspects try to dirty it - the checkbox is clearly demonstrated within the predictor itself as will be shown in the upcoming post, unfortunately I will not risk any subsequent defiling of my work.

For the record I couldn't wait for 2020 so I completed it today....

The more observant of you will notice that the predictor gives a poor recommendation of hitting 180 yards with full backspin for a 195 yard iron - that's because the predictor is an idiot and knows absolutely nothing about the physics of golf, and the cslculated value fell out at 180.2 yards. Of course you would just take that with the 180 yard iron but more likely I would look at the figure for 3/4 spin because I don't like hitting full backspin at the maximum yardage for any club, especially in to a headwind as they tend to stop dead and short for most landing conditions, I would only take that shot if there was a strong tailwind behind me.

Which brings me to the point of shot selection - the predictor, no matter how good can only offer you some options or point you to the figures you really need, so anything from 181-185 yards I would just work back and see where the 3/4 spin value lied and take that (or somewhere in-between) with the 180yard iron.

This is what Chrisironbones talks about in his seminal work posted on his sadly departed profile - filling in the yardages by knowing your spins. This was one of the 2 major breakthroughs I made this year in getting my scores down and you really need to consider the real situation, what the ball is likely to do given a set of input conditions - that can only come from your own golfing knowledge or game experience and is the ultimate prediction tool.

Still it's great having such a hugely versatile predictor at my fingertips and once again fully unified, the full integration complete i can work from one version only and that means that making improvements don't get lost or confused between different versions and that is really the reason for doing this - you need everything in one place or it becomes a living nightmare

But once again it gets proven very very quickly that I simply cannot, and will not tolerate 'it' for one second. It seems I can't keep the thread locked - oh well at least I can block the bad ones out from view at least.

VVVV

• goldeena Thailand
    1,875 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 8:39 AM

too late.

let's look at my new putter that I bought with my own money because I don't need anyones good charity instead....

It's not quite the end of the road yet, I want this before it's considered done and dusted.....

And I already have the money for it - again because I don't need anyone.

Likkle deena - author, inventor of La Ferrari 2020, The F22 Raptor.

"most players like to show off their stats - but the really clever ones hide behind them!!"

- deena love.

• garyk49 United States
    1,604 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 10:26 AM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm, click a checkmark next to the ball on the screen.  In other words altering game code.

• ct690911 Canada
    6,182 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 10:28 AM

The irony is he//she still putts like a tour pro.

...That said, I still putt like an amateur.

ct

• callaghan159 Canada
    4,207 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 10:34 AM

ct690911:

ct

Are we suppose to be putting in this game. Thought that was a hockey stick in my golf bag.

• ct690911 Canada
    6,182 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 11:00 AM

callaghan159:

ct690911:

ct

Are we suppose to be putting in this game. Thought that was a hockey stick in my golf bag.

Brian !!...my brother from another mother. Given the way the Leafs are playing, hockey sticks is a sore subject here in southern Ontario...lol

ct

• gonfission United States
    1,520 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 12:55 PM

ct690911:
    in southern Ontario

You're a New Yorker??? Buffalo sound familiar??? Snow??? Sending it south???

All this time, I thought you were in the great white north....

You almost a Merican

-------------------------<*{{{{{-(

• callaghan159 Canada
    4,207 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 1:26 PM

ct690911:

callaghan159:

ct690911:

ct

Brian !!...my brother from another mother. Given the way the Leafs are playing, hockey sticks is a sore subject here in southern Ontario...lol

ct

I am  a Leaf fan myself so I know how Ontarians are feeling.

• goldeena Thailand
    1,875 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 6:30 AM

The F22-Raptor, Universal-Predictor - now with the option to play any High Lofted Iron set....

The video captures the essential features, I forgot to switch a ball as well as the iron sets in there - then the tables REALLY DO START SWINGING ABOUT!!! But it will do, the 115PW of the Apex irons is currently working off a sliding scale of the Rogue 120PW coefficients just to get it up and running faster, it will of course in time have its own dedicated coefficients for full and punch shots.

That's (the putting options notwithstanding):

Any Ball

Any High Lofted Iron Set

Any High Lofted Wood

Wedge Options (not including the 80W which remains fixed):

50W or 60W

100W or 115W

100W and 115W 

None (for the Apex set, this means the predictor switches from my 80W straight to the 115yd PW, it will also have the option to punch the 115PW from 98yds down to 80)

This last option presents an opportunity to play 2 woods or a Hybrid, or we would usually play the 100W, this gives the Apex Irons a much tighter control in that 0-115yd zone which is why I wanted them - the 115PW is perfectly placed to give more options over the Rogues.

I may also add my ATV 50W as a quick 'sliding scale' implementation (sliding scale has been a mini-revolution on Laffer, it is so convenient to implement over dedicated coefficient tables, you lose some accuracy but so what - it's only being used in casual games anyway)....THIS HAS BEEN DONE, IT WORKS ON A SLIDING SCALE AND INCLUDES FULL, PUNCH, PITCH, FLOP AND CHIP SHOTS.

......the sheer number of options available to me now the F22 Raptor can switch club sets (any high lofted Irons - that table can be added to, or the numbers changed within 2-3 minutes now the infrastructure is in place), adds several new dimensions to the pure playing pleasure of the game!!!

Most people just upgrade and upgrade and get rid of their lower level gear - they don't see the utter pleasure there is to be had with the sheer number of options their lower level gear can provide - and if you have, what I now call WGT's FIRST UNIVERSAL PREDICTOR that can accommodate them - well you have the world of fun at your feet :-)

Can't wait to play the GORGEOUS APEX's under full predictive control for the next clashes it has to be said (the other thing was that having a B-Set means you don't have to contaminate your A-set when you are playing none serious, as I have already mentioned the A.I monitors your performance level so you really should maintain your A clubs at the highest level of performance you are capable of - a very shrewd bonus and the other big reason I did all this.

The full development chain for Laffer:

predictor > super predictor >> hyper predictor >>> universal predictor.

I might send WGT a copy of [whatever the final version is at that time], when the flash game is finished off - just to show them the levels of fanaticism there was for it before it became a comic caper and the ultra-serious players who got their enjoyment out of the physics of golf alone [imagine that eh??!!], left.

How's that WGT - you get the only copy of the F22-Raptor one day for the WGT museum?

[your techies would still struggle to drive it!!].

Ronnie Coleman Edition:

It has occured to me that if I made sliding scale available to the 80W, 100W and 115W (which is straightforward enough to implement), then the predictor could boast ANY WEDGE - even starter gear could be put in there because Laffer has the capability to add coefficients to individual irons and has a set of tables that can offset any of the near-green shots...this would mean it could play even medium lofted equipment...in fact it would mean.....LAFFER COULD PLAY ABSOLUTELY ANY EQUIPMENT AND ABSOLUTELY ANY BALL AT ALL!!!!!!

That would be TRULY UNIVERSAL and is something I should get on to....SOON!!

OK the major plumbing has been done, the 2 iron sets I have both work from their own independent coefficients, what is more the last option to bypass both 100W and 115W with the single 115PW of the Apex irons has been hard-stitched, it was a little bit more involved than initially thought, here are 2 of the longer lines of code that had to be stitched....

As can be seen, not only do i have to come up with the solution and the code to do it - I also have to stitch it 6 times!!! This can be a pain when the cells referenced change address with each new implementation, though I just copy-paste the previous stich and run along the line just switching the cell locations - it's still tricky and requires a lot of double checking and trialing to ensure its working both correct and smooth.

Now I only have the relatively straightforward task of adding the punch shot for that 115PW in to the FCPP (second page of la-ferrari that deals with near green shots), here's an example of my data collating and curve fitting....

The top table includes a method for taking out the wind component in the collected data so all you get is pure distance data, it also allows a run of 3 measurements per distance and takes the average. I then use those 6 or 7 points to run off a line of best fit (this one is a power regression as it was deemed more suitable than a linear regression), this then fills in the rest of the data which is input to tables in La-Ferrari for reference.

As I have said in the past - God gave us science and Mathematics so we could put men on the moon, not to spend 6 months and 35 sheets worth of rice planting data (kenhers team of sheep herders), just so WGT could make adjustments and make those 35 sheets redundant, lols.

Laffer is not called the F22 for nothing - it is a thousand separate predictors rolled in to one user interface - any ball, any high lofted iron set, wood and soon to be ANY WEDGE. What is more - Laffer or the F22 Raptor is INVINCIBLE TO WGT MEDDLING just by the very nature of its flexibility and versatility  everything can be re-converged pending absolutely any king of meddling they want to come up with.

It's the 1st Universal Predictor and the Last Universal Predictor for this game - nobody will ever achieve what i have done and there is more to come - I have a new Hybrid that needs stitching and I also want the 3 woods of mine to have their own independent coefficients from which an average set will be derived to provide sliding scale for any subsequent wood I choose to use or not - just adding extra polish and making it TOTALLY UNIVERSAL are the last steps of this epic journey, but for now - all the fundamental work has been achieved (that's the stuff you have to think about and you don't know if it's going to be successfully applied or not), the rest is *ahem* rice planting!!

It could be used by everybody but it shall be shared with nobody, look what you haven't got - drop dead, die faster and screw the lot o' yers.

TQG.

(unrepentant until the game is no more - I would rather delete it or throw it away than give a single person the benefit from using it QQQQ you all and i will be back to pick up another 5000 credits with it soon so I can spend more of your money on myself..

RSS