Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • ostfriedel
    2,050 Posts
    Tue, Mar 3 2020 12:30 AM

I play the new version since some days now and I like it. Results of my rounds are not so very good, but I dont care. It becomes better from day to day, and most important is the fun. And yes, I have fun with it. So thanks to the WGT-Team for all the work they invested in this. Much aprachiated!

• TerryN1013
    109 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2020 12:07 PM

I LOVE the graphics and game play in Early Access.  I understand my credits but I also have coins.  I can use coins to bet on matches.  But what else?  I have an excess--can I spend them on anything or are they only for wagering?

• Mythanatos
    2,204 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2020 12:22 PM

TerryN1013:
    can I spend them on anything or are they only for wagering?

only fpr betting or paying for apparel upgrades.

• RonCarr
    243 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2020 5:28 PM
    When i enter CC tourneys on the early PC I have 2 flags on all hole one blowing other flat..But when I play a h2h theres only one flag...Anyone else seeing this?
  • BirdieLady9
    2,458 Posts
    Wed, Mar 4 2020 9:23 PM

So what you are saying is you want PC players to disappear ?  No Alt games....no cc forums ......only match play .......well good luck in keeping your ten million players.....go mobile and lose your dedicated players that have been here for years ! Best graphics and online golf game there is....or should I say was ?

• WGTKenobi
    18 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2020 9:23 AM

BirdieLady9:

So what you are saying is you want PC players to disappear ?  No Alt games....no cc forums ......only match play .......well good luck in keeping your ten million players.....go mobile and lose your dedicated players that have been here for years ! Best graphics and online golf game there is....or should I say was ?

No, with Flash being no longer a usable option at the end of the year, we have to move to another platform in order to keep open for PC players. The Forums will still be fully accessible. 

Also this is an early access version and is not the final product so more things will be added ;-)

• TopShelf2010
    10,882 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2020 9:30 AM

• thestevster
    546 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2020 9:48 AM

BirdieLady9:

played the new version 9 holer st andys still not for me to many clicks in the game for a start

don't like the video resolutions some screens crop the top of the screen 

i could go on but it looks as if the mobile version is it now, its all down to money

shame all i wanted is a realistic golf game with out all the bells and whistles

not going to get it on the new game.

steve

• thestevster
    546 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2020 9:52 AM

TopShelf2010:

WGTKenobi:
    No, with Flash being no longer a usable option at the end of the year, we have to move to another platform in order to keep open for PC players

There are many players that were under the assumption, due to a comment made by Champion, that as long as players were able to find a means to use the flash version, the flash version of the game was going to be available.

Has something changed?

Don

only if flash is supported on the browser you use,plus don't think wgt will upgrade a flash version,so it will be dead in the water. 

• Mythanatos
    2,204 Posts
    Thu, Mar 5 2020 10:50 AM

TopShelf2010:

WGTKenobi:
    No, with Flash being no longer a usable option at the end of the year, we have to move to another platform in order to keep open for PC players

There are many players that were under the assumption, due to a comment made by Champion, that as long as players were able to find a means to use the flash version, the flash version of the game was going to be available.

Has something changed?

Don

What champion said  and how y'all interpreted it were two different things.

Best case scenario if have flash you can still play WGT as it is on whatever date their last update is before the switch over.

They aren't going to continue to do any updates to a flash version at all. It would be where that game was then. Frozen in time.

But eventually either quickly or maybe down the road they will kill the access from flash. and the reason will be " too costly to maintain" for the people using it. 

or maybe they change the way you login and that kills it. either way it's a pipe dream to believe that 2 years after they change versions that you'll be able to still use it. it will have drifted away long before then.

RSS