Forums

Help › Forums

WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 2:06 PM

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 3:21 PM

TopShelf2010:

JDGHOST:

I will be searching that as well but is there a date set by Microsoft for full flash removal??

JD

So I found this......

Back to the Microsoft Lifecycle Policy home page

Published: September 9, 2019

Adobe will end support of Flash Player on December 31, 2020. Here’s what you can expect in the meantime for each Microsoft browser:

In the next version of Microsoft Edge (built on Chromium), Flash will be disabled by default. However, users may re-enable it on a site-by-site basis. The timeline for Chromium-based browsers can be found here.

Flash will not be disabled by default from Microsoft Edge (built on EdgeHTML) or Internet Explorer 11 prior to its removal by December of 2020.

Flash will be completely removed from all browsers by December 31, 2020, via Windows Update.

The key here being "via Windows update" so I will be NOT ALLOWING any future window updates ..See what that does??

The article also states that Companies reliant on flash are encouraged to remove the dependency  on Adobe Flash prior to December 2020

Don

Just a suggestion . Use Maxthon and disable updates. I go into the task scheduler and disable it, then go into the below path and remove MXUP. It will not update.

I advise against not allowing Windows Update. You would not get security updates

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Wed, Feb 5 2020 3:46 PM

• SamSpayed
    4,909 Posts
    Thu, Feb 6 2020 7:16 PM

JDGHOST:

Published: September 9, 2019

Adobe will end support of Flash Player on December 31, 2020. Here’s what you can expect in the meantime for each Microsoft browser:

[...]

Flash will be completely removed from all browsers by December 31, 2020, via Windows Update.

I've seen that, too.  But when they say "all browsers", it's not clear to me whether Microsoft is truly referring to ALL browsers, or only those which they own (i.e. Edge and Internet Explorer).

• TerryN1013
    109 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 11:51 AM

What is happening to Flash?  Is Adobe abandoning it without a replacement?  Sad!  I likke it.

• KYLANDER
    970 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 6:24 PM

WGT never cared. Adobe stopped supporting "Flash" in 2011 !!!!!!

They built there "mobile" game on HTML 5.  I have that mobile version on my iPad, just to continue that "revenue streak", if I have no access to my desktop (holidays etc.)

Experience on iPad etc. is "Mickey Mouse".

And I play on a Mac, so the downloadable version still I can't get hold off.

silly action all the way, WGT :-(

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 6:30 PM

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 6:51 PM

TopShelf2010:

KYLANDER:
    And I play on a Mac, so the downloadable version still I can't get hold off.

There is a Mac version available

WGT Early Access for Mac

Don

Don he knows. He just likes to complain about stuff that he has no clue about. All you have to do to see that is read his post. 
     Adobe did not stop supporting flash in 2011. They just had an update a few weeks ago. That is supporting flash. They did say that they would stop supporting it at some time in the future in 2011 but they are still supporting it and will continue to support it until December 2020.

WGT did not program mobile with html5 they used Unity. Which is why the new Desktop version is programmed in Unity.

• KYLANDER
    970 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 7:36 PM

Thanks for the advice, guys.

I get silly notes by WGT every 3 days, but they could not email me on an a Mac version?

Wow, they are even dumber than I thought....

will have to try.

cheers, Kyle

• BigLuper
    19 Posts
    Wed, Feb 12 2020 2:57 PM

It looks like your headed in right direction and I'm sure you probably already had these suggestions but here I go:

Screen Resolution, ability to change screen resolution to fit each individuals preference.

Swing options, I hope your going to give us the option to choose between swing methods like there are in flash.

Menus, there a little hoaky right now...looks like a game setting for 10 yr olds.

Graphics, are they going to stay the same or are you going to enhance it to look like real play?

Camera Views, it looks a little bit limited are you going to add some additional views to each hole.

Wind Direction Indicator, could you make this a little more visible since it is a crucial factor in game.

Distance markers, are you going to put distance markers like there are in flash?

I'll try it again in another month and see what improvements you have made and remember out of the 10,000,000 registered players I'm pretty sure a lot of us are up there in age.

Thanks for the initial effort

RSS