skip nav

Forums

What other sports/ sports people do you like??

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 10 2019 10:10 AM by borntobesting. 8 replies.
  • goldeena Thailand
    1,803 Posts
    Sun, Sep 8 2019 8:41 PM

Nadal just won the US Open and I think he's magnificent!!!

The photo just says it all about him and I think the types of personalities you go for reflect yourself, I never liked 'goody two-shoes' Federrer but I loved John Mcenroe y'know.

I used to like football (don't even go there gridiron fans - yours should be called 'the 100 meter dash holding a rugby ball whilst wearing a sofa' really, where's the 'foot'?? lololos), but the money involved now has gotten right out of hand and I think football is utter piggery these days - I just couldn't anymore, think of all that money, no wonder most people are in debt!!

Anyway I have always gone for the maverick geniuses in life, not at all 'heroes' if you will (apart from the theoretical physicists who ARE my heroes) - but unless they are serious heroes those are for adolescents and weak people - but certainly people I admire and draw inspiration from.

I shall be thinking of Nadal in todays RG - I only honestly looked at another of the people I so admire - Chrisironsbones on here actually - his wall, and I suddenly realised (yes, REALISED Dr Larry, that is the Queens English y'see). Well I realised how badly my coefficients were out for these higher distance/ spin balls I am now using (OK, OK I just kinda guessed, lolols, but it was a theory that was wrong :-) So I went out on Kiawah yesterday and confirmed the coefficients for a full spin were nearer the mark Chris was pointing to in his seminal and brilliant profile post (I would advise anyone to read it).

Well then it all came together - I played a couple of rounds in low winds and low-and-behold I wasn't 5 yards from the pin any longer and thinking the wind hadn't blown again (dizzy meeee)!! And all that Chris was saying about using inter-spins to make up distances - I could see it all working properly in Laffer and it actually worked on course too!!!

This has got nothing at all to do with sporting people you affiliate with, but nevermind :-)

.......And I was still knocking out 30's 31's and the occasional 28/ 29 because my putting is immense - SO WATCH OUT, I KNOW HOW TO USE THESE HIGH SPEC BALLS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

deena.

Johnny Mac, Nadal, Alex Higgins, Jockey Wilson, Eric Cantona, Nigel Mansell, Nick Faldo actually (my kind of golfer), Daley Thompson are a few of the maverick geniuses or ones who were not in the gang y'know, are a few worth mentioning here.

Digg
    Delicious
  • TopShelf2010 United States
    8,755 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2019 10:03 AM

goldeena:
    Nigel Mansell

goldeena:
    maverick geniuses

I grew up watching the likes of Ayrton Senna, David Coulthard, Micheal Schumacher, Damon Hill.... I could go on and on. These gentlemen were masters of their craft before technology took over.

Don

Digg
    Delicious
  • goldeena Thailand
    1,803 Posts
    Mon, Sep 9 2019 7:50 PM

TopShelf2010:

goldeena:
    Nigel Mansell

goldeena:
    maverick geniuses

I grew up watching the likes of Ayrton Senna, David Coulthard, Micheal Schumacher, Damon Hill.... I could go on and on. These gentlemen were masters of their craft before technology took over.

Don

Mansell Gives Senna a lift back to the pits.

Cars and tyres used to fail, pit stops took 10 seconds - those were the days.

Digg
    Delicious
  • craigswan United Kingdom
    15,217 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2019 2:16 AM

got to be seve .

Digg
    Delicious
  • Bowl64 Sweden
    2,554 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2019 3:45 AM

Yes Seve absolutely :) And i grew up with two swedish "mavericks" in Bjorn Borg and Ingemar Stenmark two introvert guys with a will of steel. Others i admire(d) are Nick Faldo, George Best, Peter Schmeichel, the late great F1-driver Ronnie Peterson from Sweden.

Steffi Graf, Billie Jean King, Dennis Priestley, Pernilla Wiberg, Stefan Edberg.There are many, i`ll be back :))

Bjorn

Digg
    Delicious
    15,217 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2019 6:05 AM

I once spoke to seve .

He said - hey you get out of my way .

Digg
    Delicious
    15,217 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2019 6:13 AM

See the source image

this guy is great .

Digg
    Delicious
  • andwhy67 France
    2,281 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2019 8:36 AM

A guy by the name of Guy Martin, a bit of a TV celeb now, still has a full time job as a truck mechanic, better known for this

As a keen surfer for years, this guy.....what can I say

Sebastian Steudtner

And the great Tom Curren

https://youtu.be/TceuDwLhvlw

Digg
    Delicious
  • borntobesting United States
    8,271 Posts
    Tue, Sep 10 2019 10:10 AM

Mad My favorite tennis players The bagel twins Harold Solomon and all Eddie Dibbs. Other than those the self destructing  Ilie “Nasty” Nastase. He could have the best tennis player ever if he could have just controlled his temper.

Digg
    Delicious
RSS