Forums

Help › Forums

Change ball in the middle of a game

Mon, Nov 11 2019 10:20 PM (33 replies)
  • DoctorLarry
    4,274 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 3:07 PM

BobbyJones64:

What happens if you don't have enough credits to buy that same ball?

Of course, you can always pay real money - but I will not.

Yes, this thread has been done before, but for new players it would be nice for a fresh thread. To add my two cents, I would like to say that replacing a premium ball with a starter is also against the rules of golf, so why the pretense that WGT is following the rules of golf when it is not.

Today, I started a challenge and after one shot, my ball ran out and was immediately replaced with a WGT Starter ball. There was no warning, no opportunity to buy the ball I had been playing. So I went looking for that ball and I cannot find it. Did WGT suddenly get rid of a bunch of balls without telling us? Perhaps they did, but I never saw any announcement.

WGT is about to lose a member because they are not responsive to reasonable requests.

1.  Use the free ball if you want free.

2.  We have plenty of threads about this - we don't need more.

3.  You are free to quit/forfeit the round when you run out of balls - you would have to do that in real life.

4.  WGT announces when they are making changes in the Pro Shop - it is up to the player to double check their own equipment and availability.

5.  Bye.

• alosso
    21,027 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 11:20 PM

DrBBO:
    I did not know this was not allowed in real life.
    Your new "knowledge" is wrong anyway. There's nothing in the general rules of golf limiting the type of balls in a bag.

But it exists, not as a rule, but as a "one ball condition". Only if you were a top amateur or a pro, it might come into effect. See here for an explanation.

• alosso
    21,027 Posts
    Fri, Aug 23 2019 11:45 PM

BobbyJones64:
    What happens if you don't have enough credits to buy that same ball?
    To continue without delay, you'd have to use the Starter balls. In a MP game, you'd be forced to do so because the game advances without much delay. Alas, the fun with your friends will - hopefully - cover that handicap,

In a single game, you have plenty options because you may let the game idling without action, or you may freeze (save) it for a long time, limited only by the given deadline if it's a tournament.
    Caveat: Idling may not work on mobile(?), and practice rounds cannot be saved.

You may then go to the Pro Shop, buy credits, then buy new - identical! - balls. You may even turn to "Earn free credits", enter surveys or run videos to gain credits.

You may also have a friend gift you balls (identical!).

After filling up, return to your round.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2019 4:22 AM

BobbyJones64:
    WGT is about to lose a member

NO, please you can't leave, How the hell do you think eveyone will cope, think of the community and how they would come to terms with your departure.

Then there’s WGT, jeeez this is gonna numb them

• BobbyJones64
    9 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2019 9:17 AM

1. The free balls are horrible.

2. Fine

3. That's generally what I do because free balls are terrible and you will always lose if you take that path.

4. So, you check the availability of your chosen balls before you begin a round? After the tenth time, I guess even you would begin to assume that they are still available. They always were for mine, until they weren't. How was I to know that WGT was going to discontinue the ball?

5. I am not sure if this is sarcasm or not, but I will assume you are just trying to say you are done with the conversation. So, bye.

• BobbyJones64
    9 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2019 9:25 AM

I've never been able to do that.

• santa084
    114 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2019 12:36 PM

:-(             

andwhy67:

BobbyJones64:
    WGT is about to lose a member

NO, please you can't leave, How the hell do you think eveyone will cope, think of the community and how they would come to terms with your departure.

Then there’s WGT, jeeez this is gonna numb them

• DoctorLarry
    4,274 Posts
    Sat, Aug 24 2019 6:01 PM

1.  Agree

4.  I pay more attention when WGT announces the Pro Shop is renovated (new/changed stuff) to see if any changes affect me.  They did the last change.  I do check the number of balls before I play.

5.  Could be.

• nerve60
    285 Posts
    Mon, Sep 2 2019 2:15 PM

BobbyJones64:

I would like to say that replacing a premium ball with a starter is also against the rules of golf, so why the pretense that WGT is following the rules of golf when it is not.

After reading this thread I actually think this was an important point Bobby made here. The excuse that in RL you cant use a different ball; becomes moot when WGT replaces it with a starter ball.

#1 But yes, you should check your inventory before starting a round

#2 If WGT will allow you to continue with starter ball, (against rules) then why not an option to replace it with an inventory purchased ball...

• DoctorLarry
    4,274 Posts
    Mon, Sep 2 2019 9:25 PM

nerve60:
    #2 If WGT will allow you to continue with starter ball, (against rules) then why not an option to replace it with an inventory purchased ball...

I understand what you are saying but I think the real other option would be a forfeit when you run out of balls.  That is what happens in RL.

RSS