Forums

Help › Forums

Change ball in the middle of a game

Mon, Nov 11 2019 10:20 PM (33 replies)
  • alosso
    21,027 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2019 4:09 AM

nerve60:
    After reading this thread I actually think this was an important point Bobby made here. The excuse that in RL you cant use a different ball; becomes moot when WGT replaces it with a starter ball.
    Excuse me, it ain't a general golf rule and it ain't WGT's excuse, so "moot" doesn't get it, I'm afraid.

To me, "one ball" is a collateral damage of the bag being closed during a game ("don't change clubs" rule(!)). It's a side effect of programming limitations.

For a real life analogy, I pretend that the inventory is in my garage, inaccessible on the course ;)

• MartinuZ
    35 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2019 8:40 AM

Hi DL

Correct is that you play with same balls as irl. Have you seen what wgt do when we hit the water? Is that correct replacement for the ball? No so wgt must learn all the rules.

• DoctorLarry
    4,274 Posts
    Tue, Sep 3 2019 5:04 PM

MartinuZ:

Hi DL

Correct is that you play with same balls as irl. Have you seen what wgt do when we hit the water? Is that correct replacement for the ball? No so wgt must learn all the rules.

When you hit a ball in the water, or OB, or in certain spots on the course it is lost.  Period.  Assume all these spots are infested with alligators if it makes it easier!

You play another ball - either one in your bag, a replacement you buy, or the starter.

• TopShelf2010
    10,876 Posts
    Sat, Sep 14 2019 4:05 AM

• autoswing
    172 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2019 9:47 AM

1. This is not Real Golf.

2. In real golf, you don't have a limit on the number of shots you can have with a ball !!.

I might get what you are saying if/when you lose a ball and there are no more in your kit, but for goodness sake  its a computer game!. If you have already bought them, there is NO reason (other than WGT being awkward ) why you shouldn't be able to swap another one in. 

3. If you're going to quote real golf rules, then tell me where does it say ALL my irons have to be from the same manufacturer, or  exactly how do you "drop" a ball .. do you throw your mouse around or something 🤔 Please stop comparing this to "real" golf. It isn't.

4. There are plenty of other threads on this. Yes. Because it's an unnecessary WGT cash-cow.. I don't care  how many other threads there are. It doesn't stop it being what it actually is -namely a WGT cash-cow.. There will continue to be other threads on this for as long as it continues. Sometimes creating a new thread is just another way of reminding WGT that maybe they could revisit it again.

5. FWIW I have been using starter balls for 6 months now. My scores are pretty much the same now as before. Makes the game a lot more interesting. Also , it stops this being an issue... 

• TopShelf2010
    10,876 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2019 2:21 PM

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Oct 6 2019 9:48 AM

We'll never hear the end of this!! But I really cant  wait to see Deena's new putting tutorial in the forum.

I'll just need to brush up on my 13th dimensional maths and my putts will be guided into the hole on quantum strings. The graphs will be stunning too I'll bet...

Hi folks, been a while!

RSS