Forums

Help › Forums

New Cleveland wedges in real life 7/29/19.....

Tue, Jul 30 2019 4:06 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2019 1:39 AM

Maybe we'll see them here with a slower meter to compete with the Mack Daddy's.  Most importantly a 64° so I can match my wedge meter speeds.  ;-)

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2019 10:19 AM

hpurey:

Maybe we'll see them here with a slower meter to compete with the Mack Daddy's.  Most importantly a 64° so I can match my wedge meter speeds.  ;-)

That would be nice, I’m waiting for a slower meter.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2019 12:53 PM

SlickHunter:

hpurey:

That would be nice, I’m waiting for a slower meter.

Same here!  I have the 64 and the Mac Daddys but would love to match the meter (of the Callys!)

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2019 2:56 PM

If the Pro Shop ever stocks a Mack Daddy 64 wedge they better have lots and lots of 1s & 0s in the warehouse because they are going to sell a bunch of them.

DJ7

• SlickHunter
    1,034 Posts
    Sat, Jul 27 2019 4:14 PM

And if we can only have 4 wedges, that will the great..but yeah, 64 degrees Macddys would be sufficient.

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2019 12:53 PM

SlickHunter:

And if we can only have 4 wedges, that will the great..but yeah, 64 degrees Macddys would be sufficient.

Yeah - let's start a petition or whining contest asking WGT to let us swap the PW for a 52 deg wedge!!  (Mac Daddy FTW)

I would love to do that but, nooooooooooooo............

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2019 1:00 PM

I didn’t think that Callaway actually make a 64 wedge.

Mickleson uses PM grind by Callaway, The PM obviously initialed by Michelson, copywrite, contractual disputes, so unless Phil says ‘yes’.

No 64? 

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Sun, Jul 28 2019 3:00 PM

Speaking of petition or whining how about dropping the 3 iron for a hybrid?

DJ7

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Jul 29 2019 1:51 PM

andwhy67:

I didn’t think that Callaway actually make a 64 wedge.

Mickleson uses PM grind by Callaway, The PM obviously initialed by Michelson, copywrite, contractual disputes, so unless Phil says ‘yes’.

No 64? 

Yep, I think the version of the Mack Daddy we have now only had the 64 in the PM grind and can understand if there was a contractual reason not to add them here. 

However, I just looked and the Mack Daddy 4 wedges (2018 version?)have the 64 degree in the S grind.

Who knows, maybe we'll eventually see an updated version of the mack daddy's including the 64 degree.  I'd imagine WGT has seen enough interest in it (to match meter speed) to add it if they can.???   

Heck, I don't care if it's a Max version of a 60 yard 64° wedge.  ;-)

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Tue, Jul 30 2019 2:23 AM

hpurey:
    Who knows, maybe we'll eventually see an updated version of the mack daddy's including the 64 degree. 

No such luck ole chap.

The new 56 degree perhaps, but did try the MacDaddy and found the differences in meter speeds compared to my Clevo 60 and 64 degree wedges to be disadvantageous. Sold it after a few rounds, along with the lower level 60 degree 80 yrd and 64 degree 60 yrd MacDaddy I bought to compliment the top level 56 degree 100 MacDaddy.

Silly name for a golf club anyway.

My Clevos will have to do. Uniformity!

• PAGES
RSS